News & Events
The Lure of Florida Fishing Exhibit at the Museum of Florida History
Discover how the Sunshine State got hooked on fishing at this special exhibit exploring the rise of sport fishing in Florida. Learn about the growth of recreational fishing in the late 19th-century and how it became such a popular past-time today. You can even try your hand at Florida fishing on a Nintendo Wii.
Date: March 14, 2014 – August 26, 2014
Find Us on Social Media
Many of the Florida Department of State's divisions and programs maintain a presence on today's most popular social networking sites. This list will make it easy for you to find and follow your favorite groups.
Florida Memory Radio Now Online
Florida Memory Radio is a 24-hour streaming Internet radio station broadcasting selections from the Florida Folklife Collection, and featuring folk, blues, bluegrass, world, and gospel music from across the state.
Business filing, certification and apostille walk-in services
Business filing, certification and apostille walk-in services available Monday through Friday, 8 am - 5 pm EST at 2661 Executive Center Circle, Tallahassee, Florida.
Visit sunbiz.org for more information.
- August 16, 2014 - Plant ID Walk: A Historical Perspective at Mission San Luis
- August 17, 2014 - Historic Gardening Tour at Mission San Luis
- August 21, 2014 - 3rd Thursday at The Museum of Florida History
- August 26, 2014 - History at High Noon at the Museum of Florida History
- September 6, 2014 - Historical Happenings at Mission San Luis: "Andrew Jackson's Florida Campaign"
- September 6, 2014 - Colonial Crafts for Children at Mission San Luis
- September 13, 2014 - 2nd Saturday Family Program at the Museum of Florida History
- September 14, 2014 - Archaeological Tour at Mission San Luis
- September 21, 2014 - Historical Gardening Tour at Mission San Luis
- September 23, 2014 - History at High Noon at the Museum of Florida History
- September 27, 2014 - Swing Dancin' in the Street at the Knott House
In the News
Viva Florida 500
Corporations Annual Report
- 8/14/2014 - Secretary Detzner Designates Lynn Haven Florida Main Street Program of the Month
- 8/7/2014 - Town of Belleair Receives Certified Local Government Designation
- 8/6/2014 - Secretary of State Ken Detzner Encourages Exploration of the Florida Panhandle Shipwreck Trail
- 7/31/2014 - MEDIA ADVISORY: Secretary of State Ken Detzner Announces Dignitary Dive Day
- 7/28/2014 - City of Monticello Receives Certified Local Government Designation
About Viva Florida
Building on the success of Viva Florida 500 in 2013, The Florida Department of State continues to work with partners statewide to promote cultural and historical experiences through a multi-year campaign called Viva Florida, which promotes 12,000 years of Florida’s people, places and cultural achievements.