News & Events
Nestor Martinez Exhibition in the 22nd Floor Capitol Gallery
Florida artist Nestor Martinez grew up in Bogotá, Colombia and has been working full-time as an artist in the United States since 2005 when he was hired as a fine arts painter in Tampa.
Date: 2/1/14 – 5/31/14
Time: M-F 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
The Lure of Florida Fishing Exhibit at the Museum of Florida History
Discover how the Sunshine State got hooked on fishing at this special exhibit exploring the rise of sport fishing in Florida. Learn about the growth of recreational fishing in the late 19th-century and how it became such a popular past-time today. You can even try your hand at Florida fishing on a Nintendo Wii.
Date: March 14, 2014 – August 26, 2014
- April 17, 2014 - Third Thursday at the Museum of Florida History
- May 3, 2014 - Chihuahua Parade and Costume Contest at Mission San Luis
- May 4 - 6, 2014 - Florida History Fair
- May 20, 2014 - Emancipation Day Celebration
- May 23 - 25, 2014 - Florida Folk Festival
In the News
- April 18, 2014 - Historian Thomas Neil Knowles Speaks at the Museum of Florida History
- April 16, 2014 - Emancipation Day Celebration May 20th
- April 16, 2014 - Viva Florida Traveling Exhibit to Debut in Marianna
- April 15, 2014 - Florida Memory Program Announces New Interactive Video Series, Florida Maps: Then & Now
- April 15, 2014 - File Early Florida: Annual Report Filing Deadline on May 1st
About Viva Florida
Building on the success of Viva Florida 500 in 2013, The Florida Department of State continues to work with partners statewide to promote cultural and historical experiences through a multi-year campaign called Viva Florida, which promotes 12,000 years of Florida’s people, places and cultural achievements.