News & Events
American Archives Month 2016
October is American Archives Month! The State Archives of Florida is celebrating American Archives Month 2016 with special events to help you make the most of our state’s archival treasures.
The Division of Historical Resources and its partners are hosting special events for the remainder of 2016 and throughout 2017 in celebration of Preservation 50. This nationwide initiative celebrates the 50th anniversary of the signing of the National Historic Preservation Act by President Lyndon B. Johnson on October 15, 1966. There's a story here! Find out how to get involved!
Get Ready. Get Set. Vote!
The Florida Department of State, Division of Elections encourages voter participation for the 2016 elections through Get Ready. Get Set. Vote! The links on this page provide key voting-related information and resources and will be updated throughout the 2016 election cycle.
Find Us on Social Media
Many of the Florida Department of State's divisions and programs maintain a presence on today's most popular social networking sites. This list will make it easy for you to find and follow your favorite groups.
11/20 – Mission San Luis - Giving Thanks
12/17-18 – Mission San Luis - Winter Solstice
In the News
"Get Ready. Get Set. Vote!" 2016 PSA (Voter Participation)
The Florida Department of State and the Florida Historic Golf Trail appreciates the support of late golfing legend, Arnold Palmer.
- 10/18/2016 - Secretary Detzner Provides Important Guidance to Florida Voters Regarding Voter Registration Deadline
- 10/17/2016 - Bettinger to Speak on “The Vineyard Era at Mission San Luis”
- 10/13/2016 - Florida Main Street Celebrates Preservation50 Throughout the Month of October
- 10/10/2016 - Secretary Detzner Shares Voter Registration Tips Ahead of October 18 Deadline
- 10/4/2016 - Division of Historical Resources Celebrates 50th Anniversary of National Historic Preservation Act
About Viva Florida
Building on the success of Viva Florida 500 in 2013, The Florida Department of State continues to work with partners statewide to promote cultural and historical experiences through a multi-year campaign called Viva Florida, which promotes 12,000 years of Florida’s people, places and cultural achievements.