News & Events
The Florida Department of State Requests Public Comment on a Proposed Artifact Amnesty Program
The Florida Department of State's Division of Historical Resources is preparing a study of the feasibility of implementing a one-time artifact amnesty program.
All interested members of the public are encouraged to submit comments.
Victory Florida: Commemorating 70 years of since the ending of WWII
2015 marks the 70 year anniversary of the end of World War II in 1945. The Florida Department of State is drawing attention to this important anniversary with the campaign “Victory Florida,” which honors and celebrates the heroes and heroines of World War II while educating Floridians about the important role Florida played in training for the battlefield and on the home front during the war.
Find Us on Social Media
Many of the Florida Department of State's divisions and programs maintain a presence on today's most popular social networking sites. This list will make it easy for you to find and follow your favorite groups.
Florida Memory Radio Now Online
Florida Memory Radio is a 24-hour streaming Internet radio station broadcasting selections from the Florida Folklife Collection, and featuring folk, blues, bluegrass, world, and gospel music from across the state.
Business filing, certification and apostille walk-in services
Business filing, certification and apostille walk-in services available Monday through Friday, 8 am - 5 pm EST at 2661 Executive Center Circle, Tallahassee, Florida.
Visit sunbiz.org for more information.
- September 19 - Swing Dancing in the Street at the Knott House Museum
- October 3 - Blessing of the Animals at Mission San Luis
- November 28 - Giving Thanks: 17th Century Apalachee & Spanish Cooking at Mission San Luis
In the News
Viva Florida 500
- 9/1/2015 - Secretary Detzner Seeks Nominations for Florida Folk Heritage Awards
- 8/26/2015 - Secretary Detzner Recognizes Women’s Equality Day
- 8/25/2015 - Secretary Detzner Designates Two New Main Street Communities
- 8/20/2015 - Florida Department of State Adds Three New Golf Courses to the Florida Historic Golf Trail
- 8/13/2015 - Secretary Detzner Announces Recent Designation of Florida Properties on National Register of Historic Places
About Viva Florida
Building on the success of Viva Florida 500 in 2013, The Florida Department of State continues to work with partners statewide to promote cultural and historical experiences through a multi-year campaign called Viva Florida, which promotes 12,000 years of Florida’s people, places and cultural achievements.