News & Events
November is National Native American Heritage Month
The Florida Department of State joins in paying tribute to the rich ancestry and traditions of Native Americans in Florida. Click the links below to find out how you can get involved!
Florida Music Tours
Florida Music Tours is a new educational, travel and media website that spotlights Florida’s important role in American musical history and promotes the state as a top destination for music enthusiasts. The website makes it easy to listen to Florida’s traditional music, learn about influential performers and visit music festivals, venues and historical sites throughout Florida. Buckle up, roll your windows down and enjoy the journey!
Florida's new Online Voter Registration website is a convenient and secure way for you to submit your Voter Registration Application from anywhere.
November 28 - Museum of Florida History - History at High Noon - "Florida Tourism and Motion Pictures"
November 30 - Mission San Luis - Lecture Series - "17th Century Carolina, Florida and Native Peoples" by Dr. Daniel Richter
December 1 - Knott House Museum - Old Fashioned Christmas
December 6 - Mission San Luis - Archaeological Site Tour
December 16 & 17 - Mission San Luis - Winter Solstice Native American Festival
In the News
The Florida Department of State and the Florida Historic Golf Trail appreciates the support of late golfing legend, Arnold Palmer.
- 12/14/2017 - Mission San Luis Hosts Native American Festival Winter Solstice Celebration This Weekend
- 12/14/2017 - Secretary Detzner Announces the Designation of Five Florida Properties on the National Register of Historic Places
- 12/12/2017 - Secretary Detzner Designates Okeechobee Main Street as Florida Main Street Program of the Month
- 12/11/2017 - Biltmore Golf Course in Coral Gables Featured as Florida Historic Golf Trail Course of the Month
- 12/1/2017 - Mission San Luis Announces Exciting Line-Up of Performances and Activities at Upcoming Native American Festival Winter Solstice Celebration