News & Events
The Lure of Florida Fishing Exhibit at the Museum of Florida History
Discover how the Sunshine State got hooked on fishing at this special exhibit exploring the rise of sport fishing in Florida. Learn about the growth of recreational fishing in the late 19th-century and how it became such a popular past-time today. You can even try your hand at Florida fishing on a Nintendo Wii.
Date: March 14, 2014 – August 26, 2014
Find Us on Social Media
Many of the Florida Department of State's divisions and programs maintain a presence on today's most popular social networking sites. This list will make it easy for you to find and follow your favorite groups.
Florida Memory Radio Now Online
Florida Memory Radio is a 24-hour streaming Internet radio station broadcasting selections from the Florida Folklife Collection, and featuring folk, blues, bluegrass, world, and gospel music from across the state.
- August 9, 2014 - Second Saturday Program at the Museum of Florida History
- August 17, 2014 - Historic Gardening Tour at Mission San Luis
- August 21, 2014 - 3rd Thursday at The Museum of Florida History
- August 26, 2014 - History at High Noon at the Museum of Florida History
In the News
- 7/31/2014 - MEDIA ADVISORY: Secretary of State Ken Detzner Announces Dignitary Dive Day
- 7/28/2014 - City of Monticello Receives Certified Local Government Designation
- 7/21/2014 - July 28th Voter Registration Date Upcoming for Primary Election
- 7/15/2014 - Viva Florida Traveling Exhibit on View at Key West International Airport
- 7/14/2014 - Viva Florida Announces #DiscoverNWFL Campaign
About Viva Florida
Building on the success of Viva Florida 500 in 2013, The Florida Department of State continues to work with partners statewide to promote cultural and historical experiences through a multi-year campaign called Viva Florida, which promotes 12,000 years of Florida’s people, places and cultural achievements.