News & Events
Native American Heritage Month 2014
Secretary of State Ken Detzner and the Florida Department of State encourage Florida residents and visitors to learn more about the history of Native American culture and traditions in Florida during the month of November, National Native American Heritage Month. Read more in the Press Release.
Find Us on Social Media
Many of the Florida Department of State's divisions and programs maintain a presence on today's most popular social networking sites. This list will make it easy for you to find and follow your favorite groups.
Florida Memory Radio Now Online
Florida Memory Radio is a 24-hour streaming Internet radio station broadcasting selections from the Florida Folklife Collection, and featuring folk, blues, bluegrass, world, and gospel music from across the state.
Business filing, certification and apostille walk-in services
Business filing, certification and apostille walk-in services available Monday through Friday, 8 am - 5 pm EST at 2661 Executive Center Circle, Tallahassee, Florida.
Visit sunbiz.org for more information.
- November 1, 2014 Black Musket Firing Demonstrations at Mission San Luis
- November 7, 2014 Museum of Florida History Exhibit: Civil Rights in the United States
- November 9, 2014 Archaeological Site Tours at Mission San Luis
- November 15, 2014 Literary Locals and their Homes at the Knott House Museum
- November 29, 2014 Giving Thanks at Mission San Luis
- December 9, 2014 Holiday Open House at the Knott House Museum
In the News
Viva Florida 500
- 11/20/2014 - Giving Thanks: Apalachee and Spanish Cooking at Mission San Luis
- 11/20/2014 - CANCELLED: Museum of Florida History Hosts Announcement of Next Honor Flight
- 11/18/2014 - Museum of Florida History Hosts Announcement of Next Honor Flight
- 11/18/2014 - MEDIA ADVISORY: Certification of the 2014 Florida General Election
- 11/10/2014 - Museum of Florida History Launches Thank a Veteran Campaign
About Viva Florida
Building on the success of Viva Florida 500 in 2013, The Florida Department of State continues to work with partners statewide to promote cultural and historical experiences through a multi-year campaign called Viva Florida, which promotes 12,000 years of Florida’s people, places and cultural achievements.