Convening Culture 2015: Building a Healthier Florida through Arts and Culture
February 8 and 9, 2015
Citizens for Florida Arts, Inc. proudly presents Convening Culture 2015: Building a Healthier Florida through Arts and Culture. From sessions on arts and healthcare initiatives to roundtables on sustaining a healthy funding environment, there will be many ways for participants to engage and explore these topics. This statewide cultural conference will provide:
- Meaningful professional development opportunities for Florida artists and individuals involved in Florida's cultural organizations.
- Opportunities for participants to learn about the powerful role that arts and culture can play in the overall health of our communities and state.
- Presentations by nationally recognized leaders in the fields of arts and culture, healthcare, the environment, research, and advocacy.
- Networking opportunities to learn from one another in the inspiring setting of the newly-opened Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts.
The 2015 Convening Culture conference takes place in the newly-completed Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts in downtown Orlando, Florida. With its opening in November 2014, the performing arts center launched its vision of Arts For Every Life by being a gathering place for creativity and discovery; a vibrant urban destination where artists, audiences and students come to experience, explore and learn. The two-block community destination features the 2,700-seat Walt Disney Theater, 300-seat Alexis & Jim Pugh Theater, Seneff Arts Plaza, School of Arts, the DeVos Family Room, and other event rental spaces. The Dr. Phillips Center is a public-private collaboration with the City of Orlando, Orange County, the State of Florida and generous donors.
Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
445 S. Magnolia Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801
Convening Culture is made possible through the gracious support of the following sponsors.
The Bryce L. West Foundation
John and Joanne Payson
Ogden and Bonnie White
Friends of the Conference
The Pegasus Foundation
Treasured Lands Foundation
Closing Reception Sponsor
Additional sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information, contact Morgan Lewis.
Online registration for Convening Culture 2015 is now closed. If you would still like to register and attend the conference, please call the Florida Division of Cultural Affairs at 850.245.6470 by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 6.
The conference fee of $85 per person includes the following:
- Admission to the opening reception on February 8
- Opportunity for individual artists to participate in the pre-conference professional development workshop
- Full day conference admission on February 9 (including all sessions)
- Lunch on the day of the conference
- Closing reception at the Orlando Science Center
Convening Culture 2015 Conference Planning Committee
Sibille Pritchard, Orlando
Citizens for Florida Arts, Inc.
John Whitney Payson, Hobe Sound
Vice Chair, Citizens for Florida Arts, Inc.
- Barbara Hoffman, Vero Beach
Citizens for Florida Arts, Inc., Cultural Council of Indian River County
- Sherron Long, West Palm Beach
Florida Cultural Alliance
- Donna McBride, St. Petersburg
Citizens for Florida Arts, Inc., The Straz Center for the Performing Arts
- Tricia Earl, Orlando
- Bryce West, Orlando
The Bryce L. West Foundation
- Joann Newman, Orlando
The Orlando Science Center
- Malinda Horton, Tallahassee
Florida Association of Museums
- Earl Crittenden, Orlando
- Margie Pabst, Orlando
President Elect, National Center for Creative Aging
- Rick Baxter, Stuart
Scripps Treasure Coast Newspapers
- Linda Landman Gonzalez, Orlando
- Kathy Ramsberger, Orlando
The Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
- Luann Brooks, Orlando
International Drive Improvement District
About Citizens for Florida Arts, Inc.
Citizens for Florida Arts, Inc. is an organization created to partner with and enhance the efforts of the Florida Division of Cultural Affairs, while helping to sustain and foster recognition of the arts in Florida. Citizens for Florida Arts, Inc. is not intended to replace state funding of the arts but to enhance current programs and create new possibilities.
Convening Culture is one of the core programs of Citizens for Florida Arts, bringing together members of the cultural community, artists and other individuals for professional development and networking opportunities.
For more information, contact: Morgan Lewis, Division of Cultural Affairs/Citizens for Florida Arts, Inc. 850.245.6470 or Morgan.Lewis@dos.myflorida.com.