Individual Artist Fellowship
About the Program
The Division no longer has an Individual Artist Fellowship Program, but starting next year eligible individual artists will be able in a new funding category in our Specific Cultural Projects
grant program. Check for updated guidelines in April.
Individual Artist project grants provide up to $25,000 for artist-driven projects that have public benefit and enhance the State of Florida through the creation or presentation of artistic work. Individual Artist projects can be in all artistic disciplines, genres, and styles. Eligible projects will support the Division’s mission to advance, support, and promote arts and culture to strengthen the economy and quality of life for all Floridians. Funds must be matched, with no more than 25% of budget in-kind. Collaboration with other artists, organizations, and community members is encouraged. However, one lead artist must serve as the primary contact and fiscal agent for the grant. Individual Artist project grants are designed for artists at varying career levels.
Deadline: June 1, 2017
- Be a professional creative artist
- Be a Florida resident for at least on year prior to the application deadline and maintain residency in Florida through the project
- Be 18 years of age or order by the application deadline
- Not be enrolled in degree or certificate program
- Project dates: July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019