Assistant Director, Visitor Services
|Sponsor||The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art/FSU|
|Location||Sarasota , FL|
Oversees the visitor experience at The Ringling. Responsible for the following operational areas: Visitor Services, Admissions, Museum Stores, and the Historic Asolo Theater Box Office and Front of House.
Visitor Experience: Surveys and recommends solutions or policy changes to greater enhance the visitor experience. Develops policies and procedures related to all aspects of the visitor experience cross-departmentally and in conjunction with Senior Staff to implement strategies to enhance the visitor experience campus-wide. Recommends changes to Ringling website, online ticketing, and other visitor informational tools as appropriate. Incumbent would be required to work occasional weekends and attend evening and weekend events.
Staff Management: Supervises Admissions, Visitor Services, Museum Stores, and Historic Asolo Theater Box Office and Front of House staff. Includes hiring, training, discipline, and performance evaluations. Interviews, trains, and assigns volunteers as needed. Participates in the development and presentation of staff customer service and front-line training.
Visitor Analysis: Develops strategies for analyzing Ringling audience. Recommends and implements visitor surveys, capture and reporting strategies and methods, and reports such findings to Senior Staff on a regular basis.
Evaluates visitor comment cards and surveys and recommends solutions or policy changes to greater enhance the visitor experience. Develops policies and procedures related to all aspects of the visitor experience: admissions, ticketing, transportation, front-line volunteers. Works with Ringling Departments to develop and enrich the visitor experience.
• A Bachelor's degree and four years' experience related to the duties of this position or a combination of post high school education and experience equal to eight years.
• A minimum of four years' supervisory experience in customer service, attractions management, or related front-line experience.
• Experience in applying the principles and practices to strategically align tasks and people with organizational goals and objectives.
• Experience in evaluation, developing, and implementing processes. Experience in compiling, interpreting, reporting, and/or editing information.
• Ability to multitask.
• Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position to include the ability to traverse significant distances around the 66 acre estate and ascend and descend stairs.
• A valid Florida driver's license or the ability to obtain prior to hire.
• Experience with website content management systems.
• Experience with PeopleSoft software systems.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anticipated Salary Range
Low to Mid $50’s + Florida State benefits available.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
Typical schedule is Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. The incumbent will often be expected to work evenings and weekends to meet the needs of the museum.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Open until filled
This position is being advertised as open until filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
How to Participate
Job Opening# 42629
Assistant Director, Visitor Services
Florida State University
You can view and apply for this job at:
This opportunity has been submitted by Ericka Jones. The listing of the opportunity does not imply endorsement by the Division of Cultural Affairs or the Department of State. Contact The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art/FSU with questions or for more information.