Graphic Design and Website Coordinator
|Sponsor||Appleton Museum of Art, College of Central Florida|
|Location||Ocala , FL|
Responsible for visually conveying the museum’s brand and mission through print, web, social media and video.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintains the museum’s website using Adobe Dreamweaver.
2. Working with the Assistant Director, responsible for all phases of the development and production of visual communication materials that educate and inform the public about the Appleton Museum of Art,
College of Central Florida’s mission, programs, exhibitions and educational programs.
3. Conceptualizes, designs, and produces materials that achieve departmental and museum goals.
4. Creates visual concepts, designs, layouts, and performs all prepress activities for a variety of print communication pieces.
5. Creates graphic images such as illustrations, logos, and informational graphics.
6. Functions as the brand manager, developing and maintaining the Appleton’s visual brand standards and guidelines.
7. Plans and directs photo shoots.
8. Photographs or arranges for photography of Appleton events, exhibitions, artwork and artwork installation, and any other departmental photography needs.
9. Serves as point of contact with internal and external print vendors.
10. Tracks job, requirements, progress, changes, timelines and other project variables.
11. Archives and maintains files and creates reports as needed.
12. Engages in professional development as needed to stay current in web, communication design and design-related computer hardware and software needs.
13. Other duties as assigned.
How to Participate
Applicants must apply for position through the College of Central Florida's employment page:
PREREQUISITES FOR POSITION (Qualification Standards):
1. Education or training: Associates degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Two years of experience in the field of graphic design or advertising with demonstrated experience
implementing campaigns using digital and social media, video and print required.
This opportunity has been submitted by Victoria Billig. The listing of the opportunity does not imply endorsement by the Division of Cultural Affairs or the Department of State. Contact Appleton Museum of Art, College of Central Florida with questions or for more information.