Head of Educational Programs – Job ID # 43623
|Sponsor||The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art|
|Location||Sarasota , FL|
Job Title: Head of Educational Programs – Job ID # 43623
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position
Location: John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art, Florida State University, Sarasota, FL
The Curator of Educational Programs will be responsible for the management, administrative direction and coordination of The Ringling’s Education Department including Adult Learning Programs, Scholastic, Youth and Family, Docent training, Museum Tours, and Outreach.
• Responsible for providing oversight and direction to the Museum Education Programs. Ensures programs meet AAM best practices. Develops and implements education, public and academic initiatives. Supervises and provides direction for full-time staff members including hiring, training and performance evaluation. May provide supervision for part-time staff. Develops budget recommendations and monitors fiscal resources. Assists in preparation of funding proposals and grants.
• Researches, develops, designs and implements public programs such as lectures and gallery talks. Works collaboratively with others departments such as Curatorial, Registrar, and Events in the planning and development of adult/public programs. Strives toward ensuring revenue generation for these programs.
• Works cross departmentally to assist in coordinating appropriate educational programming and collateral associated with Museum activities and exhibits. Contributes to Museum publications.
• Assists in developing docent training and provides direction in Docent Program policy changes. Works with Academic Affairs and Human Resources departments to develop quality staff and student training and internships using existing resources where possible.
• Serves as a member of the Museum's Senior Management Team.
Bachelor's Degree in a related field + 6 years’ of related experience. Experience substitutable for education at a comparable rate.
Advanced degree in Art History or Museum Education.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or email@example.com.
Anticipated Salary Range
Anticipated Salary Range $50 to $65K + Florida State benefits available.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Open until filled
This position is being advertised as open until filled.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
The Ringling is a preeminent center for the arts, history, performance, and learning that is dedicated to bringing the past and contemporary culture to life through extraordinary visitor experiences. From its inception, The Ringling has joined the diverse visual traditions and theatrical spectacle of yesterday with the genre-defying global practitioners of today. A place of exploration, discovery and respite, The Ringling's campus in Sarasota, Florida (which includes the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, a historic home, an 18th-century theater and bayfront gardens) is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As the State Art Museum of Florida and part of Florida State University, The Ringling fulfills an important educational mission. The Ringling offers formal and informal programs of study serving as a major resource for students, scholars and lifelong learners of every age across the region, country, and around the world. For more information, please visit www.ringling.org
How to Participate
This opportunity has been submitted by Kaitlin Foss. The listing of the opportunity does not imply endorsement by the Division of Cultural Affairs or the Department of State. Contact The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art with questions or for more information.