Convening Culture Conference
February 22-23, 2017
The 2017 Convening Culture Conference was held February 22 & 23, 2017 in Gainesville, FL. Convening Culture is a statewide cultural conference that brings together individuals working in arts and culture in Florida, artists, and those interested in arts and culture together for two days of informative sessions, facilitated discussions and networking opportunities. The conference was presented by Citizens for Florida Arts, Inc., a statewide non-profit organization that works to support the efforts of the Division of Cultural Affairs.
The 2017 conference focused on the theme Exploring Innovation and Entrepreneurship through Arts and Culture. The conference featured discussions of ways to approach innovation on a variety of levels within both cultural programming and cultural organizations and highlight the work of artists whose work speaks to this theme. Sessions touched on areas of marketing, fundraising, collaboration and leadership in addition to others.
The conference also included a Grants Intensive session with Division staff on February 22 with grant application tips, insights for writing a more competitive application and the opportunity to discuss specific grant challenges and questions in a one on one consultation. Attendees were also given information on the new grants application and management system set to be launched in April 2017 for all Department of State Grants.
- Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
- Use code FCA217 for the group rate through January 23, 2017 or until the block is sold out
- Click here to book online
- Residence Inn by Marriott
- 3275 SW 40th Boulevard
- Name of Event: Convening Culture Conference
- Rate: $144/nigh (available 2/21 and 2/22)
- Hilton Garden Inn by Hilton
- 4075 SW 33 Place
- Reference Name: Division of Cultural Affairs
- Rate: $139/night (available 2/21, 2/22, and 2/23)
- Homewood Suites by hilton
- 3333 SW 42nd Street
- Room Block Name: Division of Cultural Affairs
- Rate $139/night (available 2/21, 2/22, and 2/23)