National Voter Registration Act
The National Voter Registration Act of 1993 mandated that states provide broader access to voter registration through agencies such as those which issue driver’s licenses, libraries, etc. The National Voter Registration Act Coordinator oversees the activities at these agencies and provides a support for their implementation, including:
- Coordinating the National Voter Registration Act and the Florida Voter Registration Act;
- Generating monthly reports;
- Assuring that voter registration applications, preference forms and other publications are available and distributed to the required agencies set up as mandatory voter registration sites;
- Developing, updating, contracting and distributing the Florida voter registration application in English and Spanish;
- Providing training and assistance to voter registration agencies, Supervisors of Elections, and other parties.
The Division's NVRA Coordinator can be contacted via e-mail at VRA.Reporting@dos.myflorida.com.
Voter Registration Agency Resources
- NVRA Complaint Form (DS-DE 18)
- Any person aggrieved by a violation of either the National Voter Registration Act or a voter registration or removal procedure under the Florida Election Code may file a written complaint with the Department of State.
- English PDF
- Español PDF
- NVRA Training
- 2014 NVRA Workshop for Supervisors of Elections
- 2014 NVRA Workshop for Voter Registration Agencies
- 2014 NVRA Workshop for Public Libraries
- 2014 NVRA Workshop for DHSMV and Tax Collector's Offices
- Statewide Voter Registration Application (DS-DE 39)
- Voter Registration Agency Preference Form and Application (DS-DE 77)
- Voter Registration Agency Quarterly Activities Report Form (DS-DE 131)
- Reporting Calendar:
Quarter Report Period Due Date 1st Jan 1 - March 31 April 15 2nd April 1 - June 30 July 15 3rd July 1 - Sept 30 Oct 15 4th Oct - Dec 31 Jan 15