Marketing & Events Coordinator
Offered by: Main Street Fort Pierce, Inc.
Location: Fort Pierce, Florida
Salary: Negotiable based on experience.
Main Street Fort Pierce is a 501©3 nonprofit with a mission to encourage community transformation in historic downtown Fort Pierce by using the Main Street 4-point Approach© created by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
- Communicate with media, board members, volunteers, vendors, government officials, & the general public (verbal & written)
- Use contact management system and prepare marketing materials (including press releases) for email communications, social media, print media, website, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy in information and proofreading
- Other duties as determined by Executive Director
Event Coordination Duties:
- Plan & execute 30+ events per year
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about and manage events
- Assist with contract negotiation for vendors, entertainment, decor, facility, insurance policies, etc.
- Serve as a liaison with vendors onsite for event related matters
- Manage onsite production and clean up for all events
- Participate in event budget development and support event budget management
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting
- Recruit and utilize volunteers to help in all areas of event coordination (planning, managing, production, cleanup, etc.)
- Maintain positive relationships with volunteers, vendors, sponsors, etc.
- Other duties as determined by the Executive Director
Administrative & Customer Service Duties:
- Maintain and update databases, including contact management system mailing lists
- Answer incoming calls for office and positively represent Main Street Fort Pierce to all parties
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Executive Director or board members
- Perform other administrative duties (typing, filing, organizing, copying, mailings, etc.) as needed
- Education – Associates Degree essential, Bachelors Degree preferred. Desired course of study: marketing, communications, event planning, or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 2 years experience;
- Ability to use contact management system and other social media to create and send emails, marketing materials, etc.
- High level of computer proficiency especially in Microsoft applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Main Street Fort Pierce
Preferred Skill Requirements:
- Detail oriented with superb organization skills
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Self starter with high level of initiative
- Ability to fundraise
- Creative and innovated thinker
- Experience with social media marketing
- Public speaking skills
- Event Planning
- Job requires a large amount of physical activity at times (lifting, walking, standing, bending, etc.)
- Job requires deskwork while not in field operating events (sitting for long periods of time, etc.)
- Job requires working evenings and weekends and attending Main Street Board Meetings the first Wednesday evening of each month.
Interested applicants may submit their resume to: Main Street Fort Pierce, 122 A.E. Backus Avenue, Fort Pierce, FL 34950 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.