State Records Center FAQ
- 1. How do I create a new account or find out if my agency already has one?
- For paper or microfilm records storage, you may contact your agency’s RMLO.
- For electronic media storage, contact State Records Center staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850.245.6750, option 4.
- 2. How do I send new boxes for storage or request a box already stored at your facility?
- You can use the Total Recall Web Module at your convenience for all paper records services.
- Your RMLO will set up a Total Recall account for you or provide State Records Center staff the permission to set up your account.
- 3. I have an emergency request for records. What should I do to get the records I need as quickly as possible?
- 4. How do I access electronic media stored in the electronic media vault?
- You can access material stored in the electronic media vault in person at the State Records Center.
- Each visitor will need to be approved by the account manager and should provide agency-issued identification.
- 5. My agency has an emergency outside of normal business hours. Can we access our material stored in the electronic media vault?
- We provide 24-hour emergency access for electronic media vault accounts.
- Please contact your account manager for the after-hours emergency number.
- We will schedule a time to meet you at the facility.
- Please see the State Records Center Handbook for the fee for this service.
- 6. How do I order boxes and labels for records storage?
- For paper storage, you can order boxes through the Total Recall Web Module for a fee.
- We provide barcode labels free of charge. You can order them through the Total Recall Web Module.
- We will repack and store microfilm rolls and microfiche bundles in acid-free boxes once they arrive at the State Records Center.
- We provide this service free of charge.
- Your agency can order plastic or acid free boxes for microfilm rolls from various vendors on the Internet.