This bibliography lists some of the published works in the State Library on British heritage in Florida.
Book links take you to the record of the item in the library catalog, where you can find out more information, search for books similar to it, or place a hold on the item if you are a library card holder.
- Bennett, Charles E. Laudonnière and Fort Caroline: History and Documents. Tuscaloosa: University of Alabama Press, 2001.
- Bense, Judith A. Archaeology of Colonial Pensacola. Gainesville: University Press of Florida, 1999.
- Dunn, William E. Spanish and French Rivalry in the Gulf Region of the United States, 1678-1702: the Beginnings of Texas and Pensacola. Freeport, NY: Books for Libraries Press, 1971.
- Gaffarel, Paul. Historie de la Florida Française. Paris: Firmin-Didot et cie, 1875.
- Gannon, Michael. Rebel Bishop: Augustin Verot, Florida's Civil War Prelate. Gainesville: University Press of Florida, 1997.
- Hanna, Alfred Jackson. A Prince in Their Midst. Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 1946.
- Laudonnière, René. A Notable History Containing Four Voyages Made by Certain French Captains unto Florida. Larchmont, NY: H. Stevens, 1964.
- Lipscomb, Oscar Hugh. The Administration of Michael Portier, Vicar Apostolic of Alabama and the Floridas, 1825-1829 and the First Bishop of Mobile, 1829-1859. Washington, D.C.: 1963.
- Mattick, Barbara E. “Ministries in Black and White: the Catholic Sisters of St. Augustine, Florida, 1859-1920”. Ph.D. dissertation, Florida State University, 2008.
- Murat, Achille. America and the Americans. Buffalo, NY: George H. Derby and Co., 1851.
- Murat, Achille. A Moral and Political Sketch of the United States of North America. London: E. Wilson, 1833.
- Murat, Achille. Wills of Prince Achille Murat, March 8, 1847, and Catherine A. Murat, July 11, 1867: Jefferson County Court House, Monticello, Florida. Works Progress Administration, vol. 38: Historical Records Survey, 1937.
- Parkman, Francis. Pioneers of France in the New World: Huguenots in Florida, Samuel de Champlain. Whitefish, MT: Kessinger Publishing, 2008.
- Ribaut, Jean. The Whole and True Discouerye of Terra Florida: A Facsimile Reprint of the London Edition of 1563,Together with a Transcript of an English Version in the British Museum with Notes by H.M. Biggar, and a Biography by Jeanette Thurber Connor. Deland, FL: The Florida State Historical Society, 1927.
- Shipp, Barnard. The History of Hernando de Soto and Florida; or, Record of the Events of Fifty-Six Years, from 1512 to 1568. New York: Krause Reprint Co., 1971.
- Tate, George Willis. Twice a Princess. Xlibris Corp., 2011.
- Tebeau, Charlton W. A History of Florida. Coral Gables, FL: University of Miami Press, 1999.
- Vanderhill, Burke. A Historical Geography of the Lafayette Land Grant. Florida: privately printed, 1968.
- Viaud, Pierre. Shipwreck and Adventures of Monsieur Pierre Viaud. Pensacola: University of West Florida Press, 1990.
- Williams, Emma Rochelle. The Huguenot Colonization at Fort Caroline Near the Mouth of St. John's River, Florida, 1562-1565. Jacksonville, FL: Drew Press, 1923.
- Wright, J. Leitch. Florida in the American Revolution. Gainesville: University Press of Florida, 1975.
Articles of Interest
- Abbey, Kathryn T. “The Story of the Lafayette Lands in Florida.” Florida Historical Quarterly 10, no. 3 (1932): 115-133 (sort by date to access issue).
- Bishko, Lucretia Ramsey. A French Would-Be Settler on Lafayette’s Florida Township. Florida Historical Quarterly 62, no. 1 (1983): 44-61.
- Egan, Clifford L. United States, France, and West Florida, 1803-1807. Florida Historical Quarterly 47, no. 3 (1969): 227-252.
- Hoffman, Paul E. The Chicora Legend and Franco-Spanish Rivalry in La Florida. Florida Historical Quarterly 62, no. 4 (1984): 419-438.
- Miller, Janice Borton. The Rebellion in East Florida in 1795. Florida Historical Quarterly 57, no. 2 (1978): 173-186.
- Murdoch, Richard K. France to the Rescue: An Episode of the Florida Border, 1797. Florida Historical Quarterly 30, no. 2 (1951): 203-224.
- Starr, J. Barton. “Campbell Town: French Huguenots in British West Florida.” Florida Historical Quarterly 54, no. 4 (1976): 532-547.
- Van Brunt, Dorothy. “Father Hugon and the Early Catholic Church in Tallahassee.” Apalachee, 1944, 62-73.
- Wenhold, Lucy L. Manrique De Rojas’ Report on French Settlement in Florida, 1564. Florida Historical Quarterly 38, no. 1 (1959): 45-62.