During the American Revolution:
- East and west Florida were British colonies.
- Florida colonies remained loyal to the crown; the Floridas served as a haven for Southern loyalists.
- Several skirmishes were fought along the Georgia-Florida border; Pensacola was captured by Spanish forces.
Because the Revolution took place before America acquired Florida, the Archives contains no original material about the conflict. We do have published books in the Genealogical Collection pertaining to the Revolutionary War, including:
- Printed soldiers’ rosters from several states.
- An index to Revolutionary War pension applications.
- A set of National Archives Microfilm Publications.
- Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty-Land Warrant Application Files, 1800-1900
- Available online through our on-site subscription to HertiageQuest.