New at the Library and Archives
New Books List
In the spring of 1960, eight students participated in a jail-in at the Leon County Jail in Tallahassee.
The jail-in garnered intense media coverage and its success resonated with the aims of the larger national civil rights movement.
This correspondence from the Patricia Stephens Due Papers documents those historic 49 days in jail.
Lean more on Florida Memory:
New Archives Collections
- Documents several related families in the Tallahassee and Palm Beach areas
- Records from and about the Lewis State Bank and the Bank of Palm Beach
- Oversaw environmental research projects related to oil and gas exploration and development on submerged land and seabed along the United States' coast
- Records of Dr. James I. Jones as Florida’s representative on the board
- Statewide initiative to highlight the 500 years of historic people, places and events in present-day Florida since the arrival of Juan Ponce de Leon
- Documents projects and events, including Daytona Viva Florida 500, the 70th Anniversary of D-Day Normandy Land of Liberty, the royal visit of King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia of Spain, and Victory Florida
New State Document
American Doctoral Dissertations