Dealing With Difficult Employees
This guide from the State Library of Florida highlights our resources on dealing with difficult employees. Our collection includes books, journal articles and more.
State employees with a State Library card can access e-books, online journals and other resources for free.
We can also deliver books and research articles directly to your office.
Links within the bibliographies take you to information in our catalog or to more information on external sites.
- Casey, Mary. “The 7 Habits of Difficult Employees.” NZ Business 2011/2012: 44–45.
- Chamorro-Premuzic, Tomas. “Wise Words: Think Again - Dealing With Talented but Obnoxious Employees.” Management Today 1 May 2016: 52.
- Farrell, Maggie. “Playing Nicely With Others.” Journal of Library Administration 54.6 (2014): 501–510. EBSCOhost.
- Herbers, Angie. “Dealing With the Difficult: Employees, Clients, Referrals...” ThinkAdvisor 9 May 2016.
- “Ideas for Dealing With ‘Difficult’ Employees.” HR Focus 2009: 3–4.
- Lencioni, Pat. “The Dilemma of the Difficult Employee.” Bloomberg.com 27 Oct. 2010: 4.
- Zabriskie, Kate. “Why Your Employees Aren’t Performing.” Government Executive 5 Feb. 2016: 8.
- Cloke, Ken, and Joan Goldsmith. The Art of Waking People Up: Cultivating Awareness and Authenticity at Work. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2003.
- Falcone, Paul. 101 Sample Write-Ups for Documenting Employee Performance Problems: A Guide to Progressive Discipline & Termination. 2nd ed. New York, NY: AMACOM, 2010.
- Falcone, Paul. 101 Tough Conversations to Have With Employees: A Manager’s Guide to Addressing Performance, Conduct, and Discipline Challenges. New York, NY: American Management Association, 2009.
- Furnham, Adrian, and John Taylor. The Dark Side of Behaviour at Work: Understanding and Avoiding Employees Leaving, Thieving, and Deceiving. New York, NY: Palgrave Macmillan, 2004.
- Goulston, Mark. Talking to Crazy: How to Deal With the Irrational and Impossible People in Your Life. New York, NY: American Management Association, 2015.
- Loehr, Anne, and Jezra Kaye. Managing the Unmanageable: How to Motivate Even the Most Unruly Employee. Pompton Plains, NJ: Career Press, 2011.
- Matt, Michele. Attitude: The Choice Is Yours. 2nd ed. Traverse City, MI: Book Marketing Solutions, 2007.
- Scott, Gini Graham. A Survival Guide for Working With Humans: Dealing With Whiners, Back-Stabbers, Know-It-Alls, and Other Difficult People. New York, NY: American Management Association, 2004.
- Solomon, Muriel. Working With Difficult People. Rev. ed. Paramus, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2002.
- Toropov, Brandon. Manager’s Guide to Dealing With Difficult People. Paramus, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1997.
- Evenson, Renee. Powerful Phrases for Dealing With Difficult People: Over 325 Ready-to-Use Words and Phrases for Working With Challenging Personalities (E-Book). New York, NY: AMACOM, 2013.
- Falcone, Paul. 101 Sample Write-Ups for Documenting Employee Performance Problems: A Guide to Progressive Discipline & Termination (E-Book). 2nd ed. New York, NY: American Management Association, 2010.
- Liff, Stewart. Managing Government Employees: How to Motivate Your People, Deal With Difficult Issues, and Achieve Tangible Results (E-Book). New York, NY: American Management Association, 2007.
- Lilley, Roy. Dealing With Difficult People (E-Book). 2nd ed. London, UK: Kogan Page, 2013.
- Scott, Gini Graham. A Survival Guide to Managing Employees From Hell: Handling Idiots, Whiners, Slackers, and Other Workplace Demons (E-Book). New York, NY: AMACOM, 2007.
- Swindling, Linda Byars. Stop Complainers and Energy Drainers: How to Negotiate Work Drama to Get More Done (E-Book). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley, 2013.
- Toropov, Brandon. The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Getting Along With Difficult People (E-Book). New York, NY: Alpha Books, 1997.