This guide from the State Library of Florida highlights our resources on conflict resolution. Our collection includes books, journal articles and more.
State employees with a State Library card can access e-books, online journals and other resources for free.
We can also deliver books and research articles directly to your office.
Links within the bibliographies take you to information in our catalog or to more information on external sites.
- Berson, Bryan L. “Building Conflict Competence: Improve Conflict Resolution and Workplace Mediation.” Quality Dec. 2013: 12.
- Blackard, Kirk. “Assessing Workplace Conflict Resolution Options.” Dispute Resolution Journal 56.1 (2001): 57–62.
- Clark, M. J. “The Art of Managing Workplace Conflict.” Public Relations Tactics 22.8 (2015): 15–15.
- DiTullio, Lisa. “Lean in to Team Conflict.” The Public Manager 2014: 63–65.
- Gupta, Mahesh C., and Sharon A. Kerrick. “A Conflict Resolution Tool for Project Managers: Evaporating Cloud.” Journal of International Technology and Information Management 23.3–4 (2014): 61–74.
- Hagemann, Bonnie, and Saundra Stroope. “Conflict Management: Lessons From the Second Grade.” T+D Jul. 2012: 58–61.
- Jiang, James J. et al. “Achieving IT Program Goals With Integrative Conflict Management.” Journal of Management Information Systems 31.1 (2014): 79–106.
- Maheshwari, Nidhi, and T.V. Shreeharsha. "The Real Rating: Conflict at Multigenerational Workplace." Journal of Case Research 6.1 (2015): 43-71.
- Toegel, Ginka, and Jean-Louis Barsoux. “How to Preempt Team Conflict.” Harvard Business Review 94.6 (2016): 78–83.
- Valencia, Pamela. “Trouble Is Brewing: Resolve Workplace Conflict by Using One of Five Approaches That is Appropriate to the Situation.” TD Magazine Apr. 2015: 60–64.
- Cloke, Ken. Resolving Conflicts at Work: Ten Strategies for Everyone on the Job. 3rd ed. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2011.
- Frost, Peter J. Toxic Emotions at Work: How Compassionate Managers Handle Pain and Conflict. Boston, MA: Harvard Business School Press, 2003.
- Goulston, Mark. Talking to Crazy: How to Deal With the Irrational and Impossible People in Your Life. New York, NY: American Management Association, 2015.
- Hamilton, Diane Musho. Everything Is Workable: A Zen Approach to Conflict Resolution. Boston, MA: Shambhala, 2013.
- Horn, Art. Face It: Recognizing and Conquering the Hidden Fear That Drives All Conflict at Work. New York, NY: American Management Association, 2004.
- Lafair, Sylvia. Don’t Bring It to Work: Breaking the Family Patterns That Limit Success. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2009.
- Masters, Marick Francis. The Complete Guide to Conflict Resolution in the Workplace. New York, NY: AMACOM, 2002.
- Montgomery, Jack G., and Eleanor I. Cook. Conflict Management for Libraries: Strategies for a Positive, Productive Workplace. Chicago, IL: American Library Association, 2005.
- Scott, Gini Graham. A Survival Guide for Working With Humans: Dealing With Whiners, Back-Stabbers, Know-It-Alls, and Other Difficult People. New York, NY: American Management Association, 2004.
- Shearouse, Susan H. Conflict 101: A Manager’s Guide to Resolving Problems So Everyone Can Get Back to Work. New York, NY: American Management Association, 2011.
- Chism, Marlene. Stop Workplace Drama: Train Your Team to Have No Complaints, No Excuses, and No Regrets (E-Book). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley, 2011.
- Deutsch, Morton. The Handbook of Conflict Resolution: Theory and Practice (E-Book). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2000.
- Ebenstein, Donny. I Hear You: Repair Communication Breakdowns, Negotiate Successfully, and Build Consensus . . . in Three Simple Steps. New York, NY: American Management Association, 2015.
- Evenson, Renee. Powerful Phrases for Dealing With Difficult People: Over 325 Ready-to-Use Words and Phrases for Working With Challenging Personalities. New York, NY: American Management Association, 2013.
- Heine, Steven. White Collar Zen: Using Zen Principles to Overcome Obstacles and Achieve Your Career Goals. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press, 2005.
- Hornickel, Jim. Negotiating Success: Tips and Tools for Building Rapport and Dissolving Conflict While Still Getting What You Want. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley, 2014.
- Lilley, Roy. Dealing With Difficult People (E-Book). 2nd ed. London, UK: Kogan Page, 2013.
- Raines, Susan. Conflict Management for Managers: Resolving Workplace, Client, and Policy Disputes (E-Book). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2013.
- Swindling, Linda Byars. Stop Complainers and Energy Drainers: How to Negotiate Work Drama to Get More Done (E-Book). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley, 2013.
- Zemke, Ron. Generations at Work: Managing the Clash of Boomers, Gen Xers, and Gen Yers in the Workplace (E-Book). 2nd ed. New York, NY: American Management Association, 2013.