View Online Tutorials
These short videos:
- Introduce different sections of the State Library's website.
- Guide you through many of our online services and resources.
Using the State Library Catalog
- State Library of Florida Catalog Introduction (8:51)
- Access and navigate our new online catalog.
- Simple Searching and Faceted Browsing (7:33)
- Search our catalog quickly and easily; narrow your search.
- Advanced Searching and Lists (9:36)
- Perform an advanced search for items in our catalog; create and save search results.
- Collection Portals (10:27)
- Use our catalog portals to browse and search within specific collections.
State Library Services and Collections
- Uploading Your State Publications (2:53)
- Submit your agency's electronic state publications.
- Books by Mail for State Employees (3:57)
- Order State Library books, delivered to your desk at no charge.
- Digital Collections at the State Library (8:59)
- Find and download electronic publications, photos and public domain e-books from our digital collections.
- E-Books From the State Library of Florida (8:01)
- Check out e-books with your State Library card.
- Florida Library Navigator Tutorial (4:57)
- Use your library card to place an interlibrary loan.
- Free Nursing Continuing Education From the State Library of Florida (5:29)
- Earn free nursing CE credits from the State Library of Florida.
On Demand Webinars
- Library Services for State Employees (38:18)
- Watch an overview of our services.
- State Agency Publications (18:28)
- Find publications produced by Florida’s state government, and contribute your agency's own publications.
- Find It Like a Librarian (37:08)
- Search beyond Google and use our free electronic resources as part of your online research strategies.
- Environmental Resources from the State Library of Florida (28:28)
- Find journal articles and technical reports in our research databases and navigate the environmental science resources in our catalog.
- Introduction to Public Health Research (36:21)
- Find public health information, free continuing education opportunities and key resources for public health outreach.
- Nursing Resources From the State Library of Florida (32:09)
- Find nursing information, free CE opportunities and resources for nursing outreach.
View Our YouTube Channel
If you have specific information needs or suggestions for additional tutorials, contact our reference staff.
- On-site presentations available in Tallahassee.
- Phone conference available outside Tallahassee area.
- Suggest a tutorial.
Josie Malefatto, Outreach Coordinator