FEL Gale Resources Webinars
These upcoming webinars help you make the most of your Florida Electronic Library Gale Resources.
Division Update With Amy Johnson
Amy L. Johnson will provide an update on the activities of the Division of Library and Information Services, sharing the status of statewide projects and giving an overview of activities, issues and programs that impact the Florida library community.
Join colleagues from around the state for this opportunity to interact with the Division Director.
Tuesday, July 17, 2018
Survival Guide for Special District Libraries
The survival guide includes:
- Defining a special district, dependent vs. independent
- Applicable laws and governing body meeting requirements
- Budget requirements
- Required filings
- Minimum website requirements and resources for technical assistance
This webinar will be packed with great information for current special districts and those considering entering special district status.
Thursday, August 2, 2018
3:00 to 4:00 p.m. Eastern
FLYP Summer Statistics Refresher
What summer statistics will you need for the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) annual statistical review? In this webinar, Jana Fine will tell you.
Please send your questions in advance.
Friday, August 3, 2018
Florida Braille and Talking Books Library
- How the Braille and Talking Books programs benefit the citizens of Florida.
- The value offered to patrons who need this service.
Tuesday, August 14, 2018
2:00 to 3:00 p.m. Eastern
Public Library Director Discussion: Marketing Today
Public library directors and their public relations staff are invited to attend this discussion on marketing. Share your successes and challenges:
- Telling your library's story
- Developing a marketing plan
- Targeting specific populations
- Involving staff
- Using social media, word of mouth, etc.
Friday, July 27, 2018
2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Eastern