Terms of Service Disclaimer
We recommend you require library users to click assent to a Terms of Service in order to get to E-Government pages. This may be part of an existing terms of service statement that the library already provides to its users before reaching any World Wide Web sites.
A disclaimer should make it clear that the library cannot give legal advice, and that despite best efforts, it cannot guarantee network security.
(Based in part on Pasco County Library System.)
- Library staff cannot give users legal, financial or medical advice and are not case workers.
- Library staff may assist users in searching for e-resources, but may not advise users on specific forms or sign or submit forms for users.
- The library is not responsible for the content found on other government agencies’ websites.
- The library cannot guarantee that other government agencies will receive forms or information submitted from library computers or act on them appropriately.
- The library uses best efforts to ensure network security. Nevertheless, the user assumes all responsibility for the use of the library’s network, including interference with the user’s data, laptop or other device.
- The library is not liable for the loss or compromise of any confidential or sensitive, or any other information, nor for any and all damages resulting from that loss or compromise.