Hunt Library as Publisher
The Hunt Library at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU) publishes
In addition, library staff contributed a book chapter on library publishing for Creating Research Infrastructures in the 21st-Century Academic Library: Conceiving, Funding, and Building New Facilities and Staff.
The mainstay of Hunt Library’s publishing program, journals cover topics of study at the university.
Faculty from ERAU sit on all of the journals’ editorial boards, with several boards solely comprised of faculty members.
Of the Hunt Library’s currently published journals, two have been issued in print.
- Journal of Aviation/Aerospace Education & Research
- ERAU’s oldest research journal, founded in 1990
- Serves aviation and aerospace educators, researchers and professionals
- Covers topics relevant to colleges and universities
- Also covers issues in the broader aviation industry
- Library staff helped editors transition to online publishing
- Print issues archived online
- March 2014 issue marked the journal’s digital-only debut
- Journal of Digital Forensics, Security and Law
- Published in both print and digital editions
- Print issues available by subscription
- Online version available open access
- Publishes research articles, commentaries and book reviews
- Seeks submissions from scientists and practitioners in the field
The library also publishes several born-digital journals, including:
- Beyond: Undergraduate Research Journal
- Publishes progressive research by undergraduates
- Across all of the university’s disciplines and campuses
- International Journal of Aviation, Aeronautics, and Aerospace
- Focuses on global issues in aviation, aeronautics and aerospace
- Publicizes articles through
- McNair Scholars Research Journal
- Annual periodical published each fall
- Publishes undergraduate work researched and written under supervision of ERAU faculty
- Gives students full scholarly experience, from designing research projects all the way through publishing and presenting papers