New Public Library Directors Orientation
The purpose of the Orientation is to provide new directors:
- An overview of the Division of Library and Information Services’s programs and services
- Opportunities to network with Bureau of Library Development staff, other new directors and seasoned directors who serve as resources during and after the meeting
- Insights and information about library administration from a panel of experienced directors
- Information about public library governance in Florida
- A chance to tour the State Library and Archives to be better informed of resources available to public libraries
Date, Time and Location
Optional dinner Monday, October 16, 6:00 p.m.
Jacob's Restaurant, DoubleTree Tallahassee
Orientation is October 17, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Gallery of Innovation and the Arts, R.A. Gray building, 500 South Bronough Street, Tallahassee
Registration opens at 8:30 a.m.
There is no registration fee for this meeting.
Hotel room costs for registered participants who travel more than 50 miles from their headquarters and stay at the DoubleTree Tallahassee on Monday, October 16, will be covered by the Division of Library and Information Services.
Travel costs, as allowable by state law, will be reimbursed for new directors.
Attendees are responsible for meals.
To confirm your invitation to attend this meeting and the optional dinner, contact Sandy Newell at email@example.com or 850.245.6624.