Library Administration and Planning
New Public Library Directors
Are you a new director learning the lay of the land in your community?
Are you trying to figure out what laws impact your library?
Here’s what you need to know today:
- Get started with the New Director Orientation Checklist.
- Information if you are new to Florida.
- Information if you are a first-time public library director.
- Get a quick picture (PDF) of what the Bureau of Library Development does.
- Go to Services for Libraries to learn more.
- Find out about our annual New Library Directors' Orientation.
Public Library Directors Discussions
In order to give public library directors opportunities to network and learn from each other, we will host monthly meetings online from March through June 2017.
Each meeting will have a theme to guide the discussion. We encourage directors to add additional topics and questions for their colleagues.
Follow-Up for Rural, Small and/or Under-Resourced Libraries
March 1, 2017, 10:00 a.m. Eastern
Planning and Making the Case for Your Proposed Budget
April 21, 2017, 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Taking Care of Facilities Now and In the Future
May 23, 2017, 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Working With Library Supporters
June 15, 2017, 10:00 a.m. Eastern
Marketing for Busy Library Staff
Do you want to know more about marketing and promoting your library?
Check out the recordings of and handouts from our blended learning course presented by Lawrence Webster. You will gain practical tools that can help you get the attention of important decision makers and constituents alike.
For more about public library administration, contact Sandy Newell at email@example.com or 850.245.6624.