Library Administration and Planning
New Public Library Directors
Are you a new director learning the lay of the land in your community?
Are you trying to figure out what laws impact your library?
Here’s what you need to know today:
- Get started with the New Director Orientation Checklist.
- Information if you are new to Florida.
- Information if you are a first-time public library director.
- Get a quick picture of what the Bureau of Library Development does.
- Go to Services for Libraries to learn more.
- Find out about our annual New Library Directors Orientation.
New Public Library Directors Orientation
Please note that the New Public Library Directors' Orientation will be held in January 2019 rather than in conjunction with the Directors Meeting in October.
Public Library Director Discussion: Rural, Small and/or Under-Resourced Libraries
Join this discussion for directors of rural, small and/or under-resourced public libraries.
Come with topics and questions related to your successes and challenges as you manage your library.
Our discussion could include:
- Developing staff
- Using space efficiently
- Making the case for funding
- Collaborative activities
- Adult literacy
- English-language-learner educational programs
- Other topics that you suggest
As you register, please list topics that interest you.
If possible, use voice over internet protocol (VoIP) or the telephone. We have found the sessions are more interesting when everyone hears your voice.
Thursday, April 26, 2018
11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Eastern
Recordings of Online Meetings
Marketing for Busy Library Staff
Do you want to know more about marketing and promoting your library?
Check out the recordings of and handouts from our blended learning course presented by Lawrence Webster. You will gain practical tools that can help you get the attention of important decision makers and constituents alike.
For more about public library administration, contact Sandy Newell at email@example.com or 850.245.6624.