Library Administration and Planning
New Public Library Directors
Are you a new director learning the lay of the land in your community?
Are you trying to figure out what laws impact your library?
Here’s what you need to know today:
- Get started with the New Director Orientation Checklist.
- Information if you are new to Florida.
- Information if you are a first-time public library director.
- Get a quick picture of what the Bureau of Library Development does.
- Go to Services for Libraries to learn more.
- Find out about our annual New Library Directors Orientation.
Public Library Directors Discussions
Follow-Up to the Academy and Directors Meeting: Getting Into Action
In order to give public library directors opportunities to network and learn from each other, we will host online meetings again this year.
Our first meeting will be a follow-up to the 2017 Public Library Academy and the 2017 Public Library Directors Meeting. You can:
- Register for the discussion today.
- Before the meeting, send questions or topics to Sandy Newell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or drop in to the meeting to bring up topics of concern or interest.
As part of this interactive discussion, each person attending will be asked to contribute one or more comments or questions via chat, VOIP or your telephone.
Thursday, November 16, 2017
Recordings of Online Meetings
Marketing for Busy Library Staff
Do you want to know more about marketing and promoting your library?
Check out the recordings of and handouts from our blended learning course presented by Lawrence Webster. You will gain practical tools that can help you get the attention of important decision makers and constituents alike.
For more about public library administration, contact Sandy Newell at email@example.com or 850.245.6624.