Information For First Time Library Directors
- Leadership and Politics
- Sign Up for Newsletters and Updates
- Connect With Your Colleagues: Attend Online and Face to Face Meetings
- Get a quick perspective on your new job by reading the Urban Libraries Council Leadership Brief: Library Leaders Owning Leadership (PDF).
- Watch YouTube recordings on Public Library Administration in Florida.
- Check out the Fiscal Management and Library Politics webinar.
- We use Constant Contact to communicate with you.
- As a director, you will receive BLDing Success - Bureau of Library Development News through Constant Contact.
- Sign up for these newsletter and update topics:
- Continuing Education
- Emerging Literacy
- Florida Electronic Library Updates
- Florida Memory Updates
- FLYP Forward – Youth Services Newsletter
- Library Data and Statistics
- Viva Florida
- The Bureau of Library Development (BLD) provides a variety of face to face meetings and workshops. Contact us for more information.
- BLD provides virtual meetings and webinars. Browse and register for our online meetings.
- Enroll in our leadership programs.
- Learn about our Resource Bank of experienced Florida directors who agree to be your advisers by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 850.245.6624.
- Watch recordings of webinars on YouTube.
Browse Information for Directors New to Florida for more on what you need to know.
For more about public library administration, contact Sandy Newell at email@example.com or 850.245.6624.