Florida Statewide Digital Initiative
The Council of State Archivists’ (CoSA) State Electronic Records Initiative published a guide to planning and managing a digitization project. You can find more information at the Council of State Archivists State Electronic Records Initiative website.
Download the CoSA Digital Best Practices Digitization Projects(PDF).
When you digitize your institution’s library or archival materials, we recommend following the Technical Guidelines for Digitizing Cultural Heritage Materials (PDF) provided by the Federal Agencies Digitization Guidelines Initiative.
Please be aware of copyright law when digitizing collections. For more information on digitization and copyright, see the Council on Library and Information Resources’ Copyright Issues Relevant to the Creation of a Digital Archive.
We also recommend using standardized rights statements as outlined on rightsstatements.org.
To learn more about the Florida Statewide Digital Initiative, please see our Digital Action Plan 2015-2018 (PDF).
Want to know about the development of the Florida Statewide Digital Initiative? You can review the:
- Status Report on the Digital Action Plan 2015-2018 (PDF)
- Recommendation for a Statewide Digital Platform (PDF)
- Florida Statewide Digital Survey Report (PDF) to see what some of Florida's cultural heritage organizations are doing
- Steering Committee Members (PDF)
- Focus Group Report (PDF)
- Guidelines for Creating Good Digital Content (PDF)
LYRASIS Online Classes
If you are a staff member of a Florida library, archives, museum or cultural heritage organization, you can take online digitization classes from LYRASIS.
- Council of State Archivists State Electronic Records Initiative
- Technology Work Group Report (PDF)
- Florida Electronic Library
Contact Dorothy Frank at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.