Florida Library Navigator
Improved ILL Platform for Customers and Staff
OCLC offers Florida libraries the WorldCat Navigator resource sharing/interlibrary loan product at no charge.
- The Florida Electronic Library (FEL) already pays for the First Search package.
- Individual libraries already pay for OCLC Resource Sharing.
- Libraries with high interlibrary loan traffic may choose to automate staff-intensive procedures by purchasing the full NCIP-enabled Navigator products.
What Does Navigator Do?
- Searches and displays results for the FloridaCat and full WorldCat Catalogs.
- Provides libraries with policy configuration options that ensure resource sharing supports their service goals and protects them from overuse.
- Provides training and support to help libraries implement the service.
- Supports customer or staff-initiated requests.
- Search results display records owned by Florida libraries first, in order of relevance.
- Allows customers to request from home or while in the library.
- Allows the library to authenticate requestors against its patron database.
- Allows the library to limit the number of a customer's active requests.
- Supports load leveling and allows libraries to limit what they will lend (deflection).
- Interoperates with Florida's statewide library delivery service for simplicity and cost savings.
- Libraries will be able to refine their acquisitions as they learn which materials they can rely on resource sharing to provide.
- Library staff and patrons will come to value the combined resources of Florida's libraries as a single, immense and easily-accessible collection.