Update Fictitious Name Registration
You can update the following information on your fictitious name registration:
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Owner’s address
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
- Owner's name with proof of legal name change
InstructionsEmail email@example.com the following information:
- The exact fictitious name registered.
- The assigned Department of State registration number.
- The information you wish to change.
Review and verify all information for accuracy before sending your email.
Allow 3-5 business days during non-peak periods, or longer during peak season.
Change or Alter a Fictitious Name or Owner
Changes to your fictitious name or owner must be made on the Fictitious Name Registration (PDF) application.
- Complete Sections 1-4 of the application to simultaneously cancel and re-register the fictitious name.
- Return the completed application with a check or money order for $50, made payable to the Florida Department of State.