Learn the Basics
- Enter Last Name, First Name, Middle Initial when searching by an individual’s name. Partial names, such as Doe, J for John A. Doe, are acceptable. Punctuation is optional.
- The entire name is not necessary. For example, you could use the keywords Little Red Sch instead of Little Red School House, Inc.
- Our records are indexed in alphabetical order.
- The filings/registrations that come closest to your search criteria are listed first.
- If an exact match does not appear, you can scroll forward or backward using Previous List and Next List to view the names indexed before and after the current page.
- Click on the name to view detailed information about the business or registration.
- Search by document number: the error message Record Not Found means the document number does not exist in our records.
- Try again or search by name.
- Be sure to use the number zero (“0”) for all document numbers. The letter “o” is not acceptable.
Know Your Search Options
You can search our database by:
- Entity Name – lists business entities and registrations by name. Results include the document number and status of each record.
- Officer/Registered Agent Name – lists officers, directors, managers, and registered agents by name. Results include the business entity or registration related to each name.
- Registered Agent Name – lists all registered agents by name. Results include the business entity or registration related to each name.
- Trademark Name – lists trademark and service mark registrations by name. Results include the document number and status of each record.
- Trademark Owner Name – lists trademark and service mark owners by name. Results include trademark and service marks by name and the document number related to the name.
- FEI Number – lists the Federal Employer Identification numbers and the business entities associated with those numbers. Results include the business entity’s name and document number. Multiple entities may be listed under a single FEI number.
- Document Number – lists detailed information about the specific business entity or registration associated with the assigned Department of State identification number.
Access and View Filed Documents
- Once you have searched and selected an entity or registration from the list of returns, you will be redirected to the entity or registration detail page.
- Select the document from the list provided on the entity’s or registration’s detail page.
- The document will open as a PDF, which you can view, save, or print.
Understand the Details
Review the following chart to understand the information displayed on the Corporate Detail page: