General & Limited Liability Partnership
Learn the Basics
- Enter Last Name, First Name, Middle Initial when searching by an individual’s name. Partial names, such as Doe, J for John A. Doe, are acceptable. Punctuation is optional.
- The entire name is not necessary. For example, a search for The First Southern Apartments, LLP could use First South as keywords.
- Our records are indexed in alphabetical order.
- The filings that come closest to your search criteria are listed first.
- If an exact match does not appear, you can scroll forward or backward using Previous List and Next List to view the names indexed before and after the current page.
- Click on an entity’s name to view detailed information about the partnership or LLP.
- Search by document number: the error message Record Not Found means the document number does not exist in our records.
- Try again or search by partnership name.
- Be sure to use the number zero (“0”) for all document numbers. The letter “o” is not acceptable.
Know Your Search Options
You can search our database by:
- Partnership Name – lists partnerships/LLPs by name. Results include the status and type of filing—partnership (GEN) or limited liability partnership (LLP)—for each record.
- Agent/Partner Name – lists registered agents and partnerships by name. Results include the partnership name, registration type (GEN or LLP), and indicates if the person is an agent or a partner.
- GEN/LLP FEI Number – lists the partnerships/LLPs associated with the FEI number you entered. Results include the partnership/LLP name and document number. Multiple filings may be listed for one FEI number.
- Document Number – lists detailed information about the partnership or LLP associated with the assigned Department of State identification number.
Access and View Filed Documents
- Once you have searched and selected an entity or registration from the list of returns, you will be redirected to the entity or registration detail page.
- You can view a list of document filings from an entity’s or registration’s detail page.
- Click View image in PDF format to access the document as a PDF.
- Click the document link to download a TIFF image.
- You can save or print a copy of the document.
- See Document Image System for more information.
Understand the Details
Refer to the following chart to understand the information displayed on the partnership’s or LLP’s detail page: