Civic Scenery Program: Library Sculpture Installation
Call to Artists (Public Art)
|Deadline||December 15, 2021|
|Sponsor||City of Cape Canaveral: CAPE Center|
|Location||Cape Canaveral , FL|
In a continued effort to introduce varied elements of public art into the Cape Canaveral landscape, the City of Cape Canaveral has created a program that will invite an individual artist to exhibit work as a biennial installation at the entrance of the Cape Canaveral Public Library. This program reinforces the City’s commitment to art and culture and fosters marketable opportunities for working artists in our community. Based on the success and community feedback on this inaugural installation, the program will expand to include additional sculpture installations throughout the City.
How to Participate
Complete the online Civic Scenery Application form (available October 15) by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 15, 2021.
Artist bio and resume
Three high-resolution jpg images of the sculpture (no larger than 5MB)
An artist's statement and dimensions for each sculpture submitted.
Name each file with your name and the title, for example: smith_jane_title.jpg
General Submission Criteria (visit website for full parameters):
• Submissions should reflect or otherwise express the nature, purpose and character of the public facility where it will be installed — Cape Canaveral Public Library
• Shall not advertise or promote a business, product or viewpoint.
• Must be original and wholly the work of the submitting artist and shall not include any breach of intellectual property such as trademarks, copyrighted material, and brands.
• Works suggestive of illegal activity; obscenity; pornography; nudity; trademark, brand, and copyrighted images; advertisements; political, religious or sexually suggestive • concepts, symbols or messages will not be considered.
• Work will be installed at the entrance of a public library so it must be appropriate for viewers of all ages.
Visit https://www.cityofcapecanaveral.org/artists for more information.
This opportunity has been submitted by Molly Thomas. The listing of the opportunity does not imply endorsement by the Division of Cultural Affairs or the Department of State. Contact City of Cape Canaveral: CAPE Center with questions or for more information.