Dance Education Director
|Deadline||June 24, 2023|
|Sponsor||The Florida Ballet at Jacksonville|
|Location||Jacksonville , FL|
The Florida Ballet (TFB) is seeking to hire an Education Director starting in the 2023/2024 season. A member of the Leadership Team, the Education Director oversees all matters relating to the Trainee, Conservatory, and Training Center Programs including daily operations, planning, scheduling, curriculum development, and classroom instruction.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Education Director is a master ballet teacher, proficient in contemporary dance styles, serves as a strong ambassador for the organization and possesses a professional, caring, and positive approach to teaching, mentoring, and engagement.
The Florida Ballet is a non-profit organization celebrating more than 45 years of excellence. The organization’s educational programs serve 300+ students annually, offering programs for toddlers through adult, a daytime Pre-Professional Division designed for the serious student, an annual summer intensive, community outreach opportunities, and master class held throughout the year for all ages.
• Create an enthusiastic, supportive, and encouraging classroom environment.
• In collaboration with Curriculum Coordinator, manage and oversee all aspects of ABT® NTC including annual exams
• Develop, coordinate, and supervise all aspects of student performances and presentations (including facility, music, wardrobe, etc.).
• Stage, rehearse and/or choreograph assigned repertoire for student performances and presentations; assign faculty as necessary.
• Manage all schedules and arrange substitute teachers as needed.
• Manage and develop full and part-time faculty, ensuring adherence to curriculum.
• Evaluate and provide written reviews of all faculty.
• Overseeing of professional development with teaching staff
• Work with Executive and Artistic Directors in hiring, firing, and developing faculty.
• Plan and attend school auditions; review and assess video auditions as needed. Select, place and recruit students.
• Develop curriculum events for families to assist their understanding of school programming.
• Develop school programming strategically to advance enrollment.
• Work with Artistic Director and Marketing Director to create events/materials for school enrollment and retention.
• Collaborate with team members to promote and enhance enrollment and retention for all educational programs.
• Manage any student/parent meetings, develop an evaluation system.
• Work closely with the Education Administrator on all communications with parents and students maintaining positive relations with all constituents.
• Represent the organization at events as needed.
· On occasion, travel to audition sites, performance venues, and community centers may be required.
• Other duties as assigned.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience teaching classical ballet of all ages, levels, and abilities, ideally in a similar role.
· Proven experience and passion for teaching
· Sensitivity and caring attitude towards children with a strong understanding of how children learn and helping develop their love for dance.
· ABT® NTC certification to at least Level 5. If not certified, agree to obtain training when available,
· Administrative experience including strong knowledge of Microsoft and Google systems.
· Enthusiastic and positive approach to work; strong work ethic.
· Strong written and verbal skills.
· Conflict resolution skills.
· Strong organizational skills with a keen eye for detail.
· Ability to facilitate and adapt to change easily.
· Ability to work independently and part of a team.
· Ability to maintain professionalism in all situations.
· Must be able to pass a background check.
· Must be able to legally work in the United States.
· Previous career as a professional dancer considered a strong plus.
· A degree in dance, teaching and/or arts administration.
How to Participate
Interested candidates should send cover letter and CV to Martha Lemire, Executive Director, [email protected]. Application deadline is June 24, 2023.
This opportunity has been submitted by Martha Lemire. The listing of the opportunity does not imply endorsement by the Division of Cultural Affairs or the Department of State. Contact The Florida Ballet at Jacksonville with questions or for more information.