South Arts - Express Grant Program
|Location||Southeastern US , AL, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN|
Distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis, South Arts' Express Grants support rural organizations and communities with expedited grants of up to $2,000.
To be eligible for funding, applicants must program arts experiences featuring an out-of-state Southern artist. Express Grants can be used to support fees for presenting Southern guest film directors, visual and performing artists, or writers from outside of the presenter’s state. Touring support is awarded for film (documentary, fiction and animation), performing arts (theater, music, opera, musical theater and dance), literary arts (fiction, creative nonfiction and poetry), and visual arts (crafts, drawing, experimental, painting, photography, sculpture and mixed media). Projects must include both a public presentation (film screening, performance, reading or exhibition) and an educational component.
For more details, visit: https://www.southarts.org/community-organization-grants/express-grants
How to Participate
Important Dates and Deadlines
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Applications must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the project start date.
- Applicants will be notified by email within four weeks of submission.
- Projects must take place between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021.
The following is a top-level list of the main eligibility requirements necessary to be considered for an Express Grant. Please refer to the full list of eligibility requirements in the program's Guidelines.
- Be a tax-exempt nonprofit or an official unit of local, county, or state government based within South Arts' nine-state service area
- Be in a rural community (for the purposes of this program, we define rural as a community with population of 50,000 or below)
- Engage an artist who resides within South Arts' nine-state service area, excluding the applicant's state
- Provide a dollar-for-dollar cash match
For full guidelines, application criteria and participation details, visit: https://www.southarts.org/community-organization-grants/express-grants
This opportunity has been submitted by NIkki Estes. The listing of the opportunity does not imply endorsement by the Division of Cultural Affairs or the Department of State. Contact South Arts with questions or for more information.