What's New on the FEL?
The Florida Electronic Library’s Gale products are getting a facelift. Over the next few months, Gale products will:
- Have an updated, streamlined user interface with additional functionality.
- Be more mobile friendly.
- Achieve better search results.
- Be more secure with the addition of the HTTPS protocol to ensure patron privacy.
Some of the FEL products will change names and all will have new icons.
Products that will keep their names
- Research in Context will become Gale in Context: Middle School.
- Small Business Resource Center will become Gale Business: Entrepreneurship.
What you need to do
If your library uses proxy links or firewalls, you may need to update your existing URLs or domain exceptions.
A list of domain exceptions and instructions on configuring proxy URLs can be found on the Technical Documents page of the FEL support site.
For information specific to your library, sign into the FEL support site with the name of your library.
More information on the product enhancements is on the Gale Product Enhancements FAQ.
You can learn more, register and check out other FEL webinars on our website.