The Genealogical Collection consists of extensive library and archival materials, including:
- Family, state, county and local histories
- Immigration lists
- Census records
- Church, cemetery and military records
- Genealogical journals
- Reference books
- A wide variety of other published and unpublished sources, including online genealogical research resources
The collection contains materials related to Florida and other southeastern states.
We also maintain a family name file, which is a vertical file of donated family charts and research notes.
For more information about the Genealogical Collection, check out our Guide to the State Archives Genealogical Collection.
Donate to this collection
We are looking for the following materials for the Genealogical Collection:
- Donations and purchases of published genealogical materials, including family histories, state and county histories, indexes or transcriptions of state and county records, genealogical handbooks, and genealogical journals and newsletters.
- Donated and purchased copies of unpublished family histories and Bible records related to Florida families.
- Archival collections – unpublished records - containing substantial genealogical research resources.
If you are interested in donating to the Genealogical Collection, contact the State Archives reference staff at 850.245.6719 or [email protected].