Plan Your Visit
State Archives closure
We prioritize the health and safety of the public and our employees.
After careful consideration, the State Library and the State Archives of Florida as well as the Capitol Branch of the State Library will be closed to the public until further notice.
Please contact us Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Eastern, at 850.245.6719 for more information.
Hours and holidays
Regular hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
We are closed most weekends and state holidays.
Visit the State Archives at:
R.A. Gray Building, Second Floor
500 South Bronough Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0250
See a map to the Archives (PDF).
- Park in Lot E, the parking garage adjacent to the building. This lot includes parking spaces for the disabled.
- Ask for a parking token at the reference desk to keep from paying the $5 fee when exiting the garage.
- Park in any of the metered spaces on Martin Luther King Boulevard at the rear of the building.
- Bus parking is available at the rear of the building.
- Additional parking is available at Kleman Plaza (Bronough/Duval Street) and the Donald L. Tucker Civic Center (Pensacola Street).
What to expect on your visit
Planning on visiting the State Archives to research, or need assistance from afar? Check out our procedures and information below:
For more information or assistance, contact us at: