Services for Remote Researchers
If you are unable to visit the Archives to conduct your own research, contact us. Our staff is available to conduct limited research for specific information for a maximum of 90 minutes per request.
Archives staff will search:
- Indexed records and books
- Volumes, boxes and folders identified by the patron
- Genealogy resources
In order to provide service to all patrons in a timely manner, the 90 minutes will be divided into 30 minute increments completed over 3 business days.
Due to the limited number of staff, the Archives cannot:
- Search records that are on microfilm (except for microfilm with access restrictions) or that are readily available from other sources (such as census records).
- Conduct detailed genealogical searches.
- Summarize, interpret or transcribe documents.
- Provide a list of records for all persons bearing a particular surname.
- If such research is needed, researchers should plan to visit the Archives in person or make arrangements with a private researcher. We will provide a list of researchers upon request.
We provide professional technical assistance for local government and archival and historical agencies, including workshops on the establishment and maintenance of archival and records management programs.