Florida Public Library Directors Meeting
Hector Sandoval of the Bureau of Economic and Business Research, UF, 2021 Directors Meeting
Save the date for our 2022 meeting
Wednesday and Thursday, December 7-8, 2022
FSU Turnbull Center, Tallahassee
Meeting is in-person and online.
View the agenda (PDF).
Handouts and presentations
Wednesday, December 7
- The Social Work Approach in Public Libraries (PDF), by Dr. Don Latham, 11:30 a.m.
- The Library Has What?! NED (PDF), by NEFLIN, 1:45 p.m.
Thursday, December 8
- A Library Renaissance (PDF), by Dr. R. David Lankes, 10:30 a.m.
About the meeting
This meeting provides an opportunity for public library directors and leaders from across the state to:
- Learn from national thought leaders about cutting-edge trends within the library community.
- Receive updates from statewide leaders on current issues.
- Gain new insights and skills from library community contemporaries.
- Network with colleagues.
- Share best practices.
- Recognize outstanding programs and leaders.
We invite all Florida public library directors and administrative heads, multitype library cooperative executive directors and special guests to attend this meeting.
2021 Agenda and presentations
- Review the agenda (PDF).
- Top Legal Concerns From Florida Public Librarians (PDF)
- Florida Humanities: Join Our Speakers' Directory or Impact Your Community Through a Community Project Grant (PDF)
- Florida Humanities Funding Opportunities for Libraries (PDF)
- Sunshine State Digital Network (PDF)
- Florida Public Libraries: Economic Impact and Major Event Studies (PDF)
- Resource Sharing Update (PDF)
- Records Management (PDF)
Marti Minor presents Top Legal Concerns From Florida Librarians.
You can review agendas from past Directors Meetings to see session topics, speakers and more.
For more information about the Florida Public Library Directors Meeting, contact us at 850.245.6603.
Participants enjoying the online/in-person hybrid.