Book links take you to the record of the item in the library catalog, where you can find out more information, search for books similar to it, or place a hold on the item if you are a library card holder.
- Born, John Dewey. British Trade in West Florida, 1763-1783. Ann Arbor, MI: University Microfilms, 1964.
- Born, John D., Jr. Governor Johnstone and Trade in British West Florida, 1764-1767. Wichita, KS: Wichita State University, 1968.
- De Ville, Winston. British Burials and Births on the Gulf Coast: Records of the Church of England in West Florida, 1768-1770. Ville Platte, LA: W. De Ville, 1986.
- Fabel, Robin F. A. The Economy of British West Florida, 1763-1783. Tuscaloosa: University of Alabama Press, 1988.
- Feldman, Lawrence H. The Last Days of British Saint Augustine, 1784-1785: A Spanish Census of the English Colony of East Florida. Baltimore: The Genealogical Publishing Company, Inc., 1998.
- Howard, Clinton Newton. The British Development of West Florida, 1763-1769. Millwood, NY: Kraus Reprint, 1974.
- Hyde, Samuel C. Jr., ed. A Fierce and Fractious Frontier: The Curious Development of Louisiana's Florida Parishes, 1699-2000. Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press, 2004.
- John Appleyard Agency. The 14th Colony, British West Florida, 1763-1781. Pensacola: Pensacola Home and Savings Association, 1976.
- Johnson, Cecil. British West Florida, 1763-1783. Hamden, CT: Archon Books, 1971.
- Mathews, Hazel C. British West Florida and the Illinois County. Earl Whynodt and Associates Graphics, 1977.
- Melish, John. A Military and Topographical Atlas of the United States: Including the British Possessions and Florida: To Which is Added, a List of the Military Districts, a Register of the Army, and a List of the Navy of the United States. Philadelphia: G. Palmer, 1813.
- Montault de Monberaut, Henri. Mémoire Justificatif: Indian Diplomacy in British West Florida, 1763-1765. Translated by Milo B. Howard, Jr. and Robert R. Rea. Tuscaloosa: University of Alabama Press, 1965.
- Mowat, Charles Loch. East Florida as a British Province, 1763-1784. Berkeley: University of California Press, 1943.
- Raab, James W. Spain, Britain, and the American Revolution in Florida, 1763-1783. Jefferson, NC: McFarland and Co., 2008.
- Reitz, Elizabeth Jean. Spanish and British Subsistence Strategies at St. Augustine, Florida, and Frederica, Georgia, Between 1565 and 1783. PhD diss., University of Florida, 1979.
- Romans, Bernard. A Concise Natural History of East and West Florida; Containing an Account of the Natural Produce of All the Southern Part of British America, in the Three Kingdoms of Nature Particularly the Animal and Vegetable. Gainesville: University of Florida Press, 1962.
- Schafer, Daniel L. William Bartram and the Ghost Plantations of British East Florida. Gainesville: University Press of Florida, 2010.
- Spanish Plat Book of Land Records of the District of Pensacola, Province of West Florida: British and Spanish Land Grants, 1763-1821. Compiled by Billie Ford Snider and Janice B. Palmer. Translated by Fernando J. Moreno. Pensacola, FL: Antique Compiling, 1994.
- Starr, Joseph Barton. Tories, Dons, and Rebels: The American Revolution in British West Florida. Gainesville: University Presses of Florida, 1976.
- West Florida General Assembly. The Minutes, Journals, and Acts of the General Assembly of British West Florida. Tuscaloosa: University of Alabama Press, 1979.
- Wynne, Lewis Nicholas and John T. Parks. Florida's Antebellum Homes. Charleston, SC: Arcadia Publishing, 2004.
- Covington, James W. The British Meet the Seminoles: Negotiations Between British Authorities in East Florida and the Indians. Gainesville: University of Florida, 1961.
- Florida Department of Military Affairs. Assorted Garrison and Militia Muster Roles: Spanish and British Florida. St. Augustine, FL: State Arsenal, St. Francis Barracks, 1992.
Selected Articles of Interest
- Frederick, John H. “Question of Authority: Johnstone and Browne, 1766-1767.” Gulf Coast Historical Review 13, no. 2 (Spring 1998): 35-48.
- Kipp, Gordon. “The British Occupation of Florida and the Three Chimneys.” Halifax Herald 22, no. 2 (Summer 2004): 7-8.
- McCaffrey, Donna T. “Charles Townshend and Plans for British East Florida.” Florida Historical Quarterly 68, no. 3 (January 1990): 324-340.
- Moore, Gary. “Flies as Big as Oranges, Gators as Thick as Flies.” Florida Wildlife (May/June 1996): 2-4.
- Parks, Virginia. “The British Fort at Pensacola.” Pensacola History Illustrated (Spring/Summer 1990).
- Schafer, Daniel L. “Governor James Grant's Villa: A British East Florida Indigo Plantation.” El Escribano (2000), iii-120.
- Vickers, Elizabeth D. “Disease: The Unconquerable Foe in British West Florida.” Pensacola History Illustrated (Spring/Summer 1990): 29-31.
- Romans, Bernard. A General Map of the Southern British Colonies in America, Comprehending North and South Carolina, Georgia, East and West Florida, with the Neighboring Indian Countries, from the Modern Surveys of Engineer de Brahm, Capt. Collet, Mouzon, and Others, and from the Large Hydrographical Survey of the Coasts of East and West Florida. R. Sayer and J. Bennett, Map, Chart, and Printsellers, 1776.