Book links take you to the record of the item in the library catalog, where you can find out more information, search for books similar to it, or place a hold on the item if you are a library card holder.
- Bennett, Charles E. Laudonnière and Fort Caroline: History and Documents. Tuscaloosa: University of Alabama Press, 2001.
- Bense, Judith A. Archaeology of Colonial Pensacola. Gainesville: University Press of Florida, 1999.
- Dunn, William E. Spanish and French Rivalry in the Gulf Region of the United States, 1678-1702: the Beginnings of Texas and Pensacola. Freeport, NY: Books for Libraries Press, 1971.
- Gaffarel, Paul. Historie de la Florida Française. Paris: Firmin-Didot et cie, 1875.
- Gannon, Michael. Rebel Bishop: Augustin Verot, Florida's Civil War Prelate. Gainesville: University Press of Florida, 1997.
- Hanna, Alfred Jackson. A Prince in Their Midst. Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 1946.
- Laudonnière, René. A Notable History Containing Four Voyages Made by Certain French Captains unto Florida. Larchmont, NY: H. Stevens, 1964.
- Lipscomb, Oscar Hugh. The Administration of Michael Portier, Vicar Apostolic of Alabama and the Floridas, 1825-1829 and the First Bishop of Mobile, 1829-1859. Washington, D.C.: 1963.
- Mattick, Barbara E. “Ministries in Black and White: the Catholic Sisters of St. Augustine, Florida, 1859-1920”. Ph.D. dissertation, Florida State University, 2008.
- Murat, Achille. America and the Americans. Buffalo, NY: George H. Derby and Co., 1851.
- Murat, Achille. A Moral and Political Sketch of the United States of North America. London: E. Wilson, 1833.
- Murat, Achille. Wills of Prince Achille Murat, March 8, 1847, and Catherine A. Murat, July 11, 1867: Jefferson County Court House, Monticello, Florida. Works Progress Administration, vol. 38: Historical Records Survey, 1937.
- Parkman, Francis. Pioneers of France in the New World: Huguenots in Florida, Samuel de Champlain. Whitefish, MT: Kessinger Publishing, 2008.
- Ribaut, Jean. The Whole and True Discouerye of Terra Florida: A Facsimile Reprint of the London Edition of 1563,Together with a Transcript of an English Version in the British Museum with Notes by H.M. Biggar, and a Biography by Jeanette Thurber Connor. Deland, FL: The Florida State Historical Society, 1927.
- Shipp, Barnard. The History of Hernando de Soto and Florida; or, Record of the Events of Fifty-Six Years, from 1512 to 1568. New York: Krause Reprint Co., 1971.
- Tate, George Willis. Twice a Princess. Xlibris Corp., 2011.
- Tebeau, Charlton W. A History of Florida. Coral Gables, FL: University of Miami Press, 1999.
- Vanderhill, Burke. A Historical Geography of the Lafayette Land Grant. Florida: privately printed, 1968.
- Viaud, Pierre. Shipwreck and Adventures of Monsieur Pierre Viaud. Pensacola: University of West Florida Press, 1990.
- Williams, Emma Rochelle. The Huguenot Colonization at Fort Caroline Near the Mouth of St. John's River, Florida, 1562-1565. Jacksonville, FL: Drew Press, 1923.
- Wright, J. Leitch. Florida in the American Revolution. Gainesville: University Press of Florida, 1975.
Articles of Interest
- Abbey, Kathryn T. “The Story of the Lafayette Lands in Florida.” Florida Historical Quarterly 10, no. 3 (1932): 115-133 (sort by date to access issue).
- Bishko, Lucretia Ramsey. A French Would-Be Settler on Lafayette’s Florida Township. Florida Historical Quarterly 62, no. 1 (1983): 44-61.
- Egan, Clifford L. United States, France, and West Florida, 1803-1807. Florida Historical Quarterly 47, no. 3 (1969): 227-252.
- Hoffman, Paul E. The Chicora Legend and Franco-Spanish Rivalry in La Florida. Florida Historical Quarterly 62, no. 4 (1984): 419-438.
- Miller, Janice Borton. The Rebellion in East Florida in 1795. Florida Historical Quarterly 57, no. 2 (1978): 173-186.
- Murdoch, Richard K. France to the Rescue: An Episode of the Florida Border, 1797. Florida Historical Quarterly 30, no. 2 (1951): 203-224.
- Starr, J. Barton. “Campbell Town: French Huguenots in British West Florida.” Florida Historical Quarterly 54, no. 4 (1976): 532-547.
- Van Brunt, Dorothy. “Father Hugon and the Early Catholic Church in Tallahassee.” Apalachee, 1944, 62-73.
- Wenhold, Lucy L. Manrique De Rojas’ Report on French Settlement in Florida, 1564. Florida Historical Quarterly 38, no. 1 (1959): 45-62.