- Corkran, David H. The Creek frontier, 1540-1783. Norman, University of Oklahoma Press, 1967.
- Gatschet, Albert S. A Migration Legend of the Creek Indians. New York: Kraus Reprint Co., 1969.
- Doster, James Fletcher. The Creek Indians and their Florida lands, 1740-1823. New York, Garland Pub. Inc., 1974.
- Ellisor, John T. The Second Creek War: interethnic conflict and collusion on a collapsing frontier. Lincoln, Neb.; London: University of Nebraska Press, c2010.
- Harris, Walter Alexander. Here the Creeks sat down. Macon, Ga.: Printed by J.W. Burke Co., 1958.
- Hodgson, William Brown. Creek Indian history as comprised in Creek confederacy. Americus, Ga.: Americus Book Co., 1938.
- Kennedy, Thomas John. The origins of Creek Indian nationalism [microform]: contact, diplomacy, clans, and intermarriage during the colonial and early national periods. 1992.
- May, Katja. African Americans and Native Americans in the Creek and Cherokee Nations, 1830s to 1920s: collision and collusion. New York: Garland Pub., 1996.
- Ramsey, Andrew Boggs. Harjo-Boggas Parrot band of Creek Indians, Calhoun County, historical papers of clan history. [Blountstown, Fla.], A.B. Ramsey, 1988.
- Saunt, Claudio. A new order of things: property, power, and the transformation of the Creek Indians, 1733-1816. Cambridge, U.K.; New York: Cambridge University Press, 1999.
- Stiggins, George. Creek Indian history: a historical narrative of the genealogy, traditions, and downfall of the Ispocoga or Creek Indian tribe of Indians. Birmingham, Ala.: Birmingham Public Library Press, 1989.
- Swanton, John Reed. Early history of the Creek Indians and their neighbors. Gainesville: University Press of Florida, 1998.
- White, Christine S. and Benton R. White. Now the Wolf Has Come: the Creek Nation in the Civil War. College Station: Texas A&M University Press, 1996.
- Wright, J. Leitch. Creeks & Seminoles: the destruction and regeneration of the Muscogulge people. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 1986.
- Wright, J. Leitch. William Augustus Bowles, Director General of the Creek Nation. Athens, University of Georgia Press, 1967.