New at the Library and Archives
State and federal documents
- Earth as art 4: U.S. Geological Survey (PDF)
- Florida Highways, Florida State Road Department, Division of Highway Patrol
New archives collections
- Correspondence, photographs and other personal records during World War II.
- Camp Crowder in Missouri, Camp Murphy in Florida and Camp Davis in North Carolina.
- Documents a segment of North Florida culture during war times.
- Documents McCoy's activities as a journalist for the New York World during his investigation of the death of Martin Tabert.
- Tabert was flogged to death under Florida's convict leasing system.
- Include letters, telegrams, newspaper clippings and notes.
- Documents the establishment of the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund (FHCF) in response to Hurricane Andrew in 1992.
- Includes correspondence, reports and other records.
- The FHCF is a tax-exempt state trust fund under the direction of the State Board of Administration.
The Florida Merchant Marine Survey, 1936-1939, was designed to trace the history of shipping and shipbuilding in Florida.
You can see the following documents online:
- A partial census of Florida boats as of 1938.
- Anecdotal histories of boats and ships.
- Pen and ink sketches of boats, captains, rigging and other maritime subjects.
- Schematic plans of schooners, sloops and other watercraft.
- Selected portions of the Survey's final manuscript.
New books list
Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure Collection