New at the Library and Archives
New Archives Collections
- Oral histories conducted by the Northwest Florida Water Management District for the book "Voices of the Apalachicola."
- Documents the lives of people who lived, worked and contributed to the culture of the Apalachicola River and Bay basin.
- Includes interviews from a steamboat pilot, sharecroppers, turpentine workers and beekeepers.
- Documents the results of a grant awarded in 1997 by the Division of Historical Resources to the University of Central Florida Art Department to survey folk architecture in Florida.
- The reports are reviews of fieldworker research at each site complemented by photographs.
- Photographs collected by Tampa residents Alice and John Wilder documenting their travels, friends and family.
- Documents the Gasparilla Festival and parade, including Governor Fred Coner riding in a car.
- Includes images of Clearwater Beach, Ballast Point and Hialeah.
New State Document
Inside the PSC (PDF) from the Florida Public Service Commission.
Foundation Directory Online
- Comprehensive database of grants and grantmakers.
- Access information about funding institutions nationally and worldwide.
- Search data about grants received by Florida’s libraries, government agencies and nonprofits.
- Free for on-site use and available remotely to state employees via the databases page.
New Books List
In Yesterday's News is Today's Research Gold Mine, the Florida Memory Blog examines the use of newspapers to research local history, genealogy and more.
The blog post talks about using obituaries, full-page ads, columns, and more to paint a more accurate pictures of the past.