Services for State Employees
If you work for the state, we work for you.
Our resources and services are tailored to meet the needs of Florida's state agency employees.
- Sign up online for a library card
- Sign in with your library card to:
- Place a hold on library materials
- Save customized lists
- Renew checked out materials
More than 100 online research databases, including newspapers and professional journals on education, science, health, business and many other subjects.
- Current alerts service
- Keep up to date with newly published information.
- Get tables of contents and journal articles delivered to your desktop.
- Set up subject alerts for topics you are interested in.
These videos explain our services and collections.
Our branch library in the State Capitol provides services for the Florida Legislature, legislative staff, state employees and the public.
State Library webinars
Accessing Newspapers Online
- Search for news articles from and entire issues of historical and current newspapers through electronic databases, including Historical Newspapers Southeast Edition, US Newsstream, and Newspapers.com.
- Access papers offering local, state and national coverage.
- Set up subject alerts for newspapers to receive critical information delivered via email.
State Publications Depository Program
- Read about the Florida State Publications Depository Program.
- Help us collect state agency publications - upload your documents and publications.
State agency information guides
- Curated lists of books, articles, reports, online resources and government publications.
- Explore by subject.
State Library newsletters
Library Update is a quarterly newsletter for state employees.
The Compass is a newsletter for state publications.