Coaching, Mentoring and Counseling
This guide from the State Library of Florida highlights our resources on coaching, counseling and mentoring. Our collection includes books, journal articles and more.
State employees with a State Library card can access e-books, online journals and other resources for free.
We can also deliver books and research articles directly to your office.
Links within the bibliographies take you to information in our catalog or to more information on external sites.
- Birchfield, Reg. “The Rise and Rise of Coaching and Mentoring.” NZ Business 28.9 (2014): 32-33.
- Brown, Marshall, and Cherie Rusnak. “The Power of Coaching: Coaching Has Become One of the Leading Resources That Individuals Use to Move Their Careers and Personal Lives Forward.” Public Manager 39.4 (2010): 15-17.
- Corner, Judy. “Tech-Infused Mentoring.” T+D 66.6 (2012): 50–53.
- Darby, James J., Christine Marciano, and Andrew J. Hoskins. “Strategies for Success.” Training 53.4 (2016): 56–59.
- Dunlap, Mary. “How to Have Tough Conversations With Employees.” Journal of Financial Planning (2012): 28–29.
- Emelo, Randy. “Mentoring: Bridging the Competency Divide.” Chief Learning Officer 11.8 (2012): 26–28, 62.
- Frost, John. “In-House Coaching and Mentoring: John Frost Examines the Pros and Cons of Turning Managers Into Coaches.” Training Journal, Aug. 2007, pp. 52-55.
- Hallak, Daniel. “Coaching People to Change, One Step at a Time: Each of the Five Stages of Personal Change Requires a Different Coaching Approach.” TD Magazine 69.3 (2015): 72–23.
- Marton, Keith, and Karl Pister. “Coaching: A Useful Approach to Disruptive Behavior.” Physician Leadership Journal, Jan.-Feb. 2016, pp. 55-57.
- Meister, Jeanne C., and Karie Willyerd. “Mentoring Millennials.” Harvard Business Review 88.5 (2010): 68–72.
- Charney, Cyril. The Portable Mentor: Your Anywhere, Anytime Career Coach and Problem Solver. 2nd ed. New York, NY: AMACOM, American Management Association.
- Johnson, W. Brad, and Charles R. Ridley. The Elements of Mentoring. New York, NY: Palgrave Macmillan, 2004.
- Logan, David Colman, and John Paul King. The Coaching Revolution: How Visionary Managers Are Using Coaching to Empower People and Unlock Their Full Potential. Holbrook, MA: Adams Media, 2001.
- Megginson, David, and David Clutterbuck. Techniques for Coaching and Mentoring. Boston, MA: Elsevier, 2005.
- Nigro, Nicholas J. The Everything Coaching and Mentoring Book: How to Increase Productivity, Foster Talent and Encourage Success. Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2003.
- Osborne, Christina. Dealing With Difficult People. New York, NY: Dorling Kindersley, 2002.
- Stone, Douglas, and Sheila Heen. Thanks for the Feedback: The Science and Art of Receiving Feedback Well. New York, NY: Viking Adult, 2014.
- Stone, Florence M. The Mentoring Advantage: Creating the Next Generation of Leaders. Chicago, IL: Dearborn Trade, 2004.
- Thorne, Kaye. Coaching for Change: Practical Strategies for Transforming Performance. Sterling, VA: Kogan Page, 2004.
- Weiss, Tracey Bernstein, and Sharyn Kolberg. Coaching Competencies and Corporate Leadership. Boca Raton, FL: St. Lucie Press, 2003.
- Abrams, Jennifer B. Beth, and Valerie A. von Frank. The Multigenerational Workplace: Communicate, Collaborate, and Create Community (E-Book). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE, 2013.
- Bell, Chip R., and Marshall Goldsmith. Managers as Mentors: Building Partnerships for Learning (E-Book). 3rd. ed. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler Publishers, 2013.
- Booher, Dianna Daniels. Coaching and Managing Teams: Quick Tips to Develop Management Skills for Maximum Impact (E-Book). Colleyville, TX: Booher Consultants, 2013.
- Britton, Jennifer J. From One to Many: Best Practices for Team and Group Coaching (E-Book). Mississauga, Canada: Jossey-Bass, 2013.
- Cox, Elaine. Coaching Understood: A Pragmatic Inquiry Into the Coaching Process (E-Book). London, UK: SAGE, 2012.
- Metz, Ruth F. Coaching in the Library: A Management Strategy for Achieving Excellence (E-Book). 2nd ed. Chicago, IL: American Library Association, 2011.
- Stack, Laura. Coaching and Mentoring Employees: Helping Others Achieve Their Very Best (E-Book). Productivity Pro, 2013.
- Stone, Florence M. Coaching, Counseling & Mentoring: How to Choose & Use the Right Technique to Boost Employee Performance (E-Book). 2nd ed. New York, NY: American Management Association, 2007.
- Wall, Bob. Coaching for Emotional Intelligence: The Secret to Developing the Star Potential in Your Employees (E-Book). New York, NY: AMACOM, 2007.
- Zemke, Ron, Claire Raines, and Bob Filipczak. Generations at Work: Managing the Clash of Boomers, Gen Xers, and Gen Yers in the Workplace (E-Book). 2nd ed. New York, NY: American Management Association, 2013.