Disaster Preparedness and Response
Hurricane season runs from June 1 to November 30, so be sure to check out Hurricane 101 (PDF).
Basic community preparedness resources
- Learn five simple steps Until Help Arrives
- Community Emergency Response Team
- Youth Preparedness
- Hurricane Seasonal Preparedness Digital Toolkit
- Preparedness Videos
Is your library prepared for before and after?
- Check out our YouTube video to hear open discussion on hurricane preparation from library staff across the state.
- Read about physical recovery after a disaster.
- See how Florida libraries responded (PDF) after Hurricane Irma.