Olin Library as Publisher
From an initial collection consisting of a Bible and a dictionary at the school’s founding in 1885, the library at Rollins College has expanded to include thousands of resources in a variety of media.
Today, the Olin Library serves not just as a repository but as a publisher as well.
Books and Manuscripts
Books and manuscripts published online by the library include:
- Rollins College: A Centennial History
- Rollins Architecture: A Profile of Current and Historical Buildings
- Song of Wekiva: Florida’s Wild River and its Democratic Vista
- My Native Grounds
- Richard Firestone Manuscripts on Elizabethan and Classical Literature
- The William Sloane Kennedy Memorial Collection of Whitmaniana
Rollins Scholarship Online
Through Rollins Scholarship Online (RSO), the library publishes faculty and student work, making it accessible to scholars and researchers worldwide.
Researchers can access and download books, full-text articles, and even theses from RSO.
RSO hosts journals, conferences and other collections, such as:
- Song of Wekiva: Florida’s Wild River and its Democratic Vista by Steve Phelan
- A Double Diamond Comparison of the Automotive Industry of China, India, and South Korea by Marc Sardy and Marc Fetscherin
- Social Media Storytelling in the Classroom: A Re-Imagining of Pride and Prejudice in the Lizzie Bennet Diaries by Annamarie Carlson
- Women’s Unsystematic Military: the Different Experiences of Women in the Nurse Corps and Women’s Auxiliary Service Pilots in World War II by Rachel C. Reams
- The Vampire Myth and Christianity by Dorothy Ivey
Multimedia and independent journal of art and culture hosted through Rollins Scholarship Online
- An Excerpt from Kamikaze Death Poetry by Jodiann Stevenson
- Fake Identity, Real Work: Authenticity, Autofiction and Outsider Art by M. Kjellman-Chapin
While work may have been published elsewhere, some is available only through RSO.
Olin Library’s publication system for scholarly output provides an excellent platform for Rollins College’s authors.