Florida Library Youth Program
2019 Teen Video Challenge
In this national contest, teens create a video public service announcement that shows their unique interpretation of A Universe of Stories.
Videos must be no longer than 60 seconds and should promote libraries and reading.
Videos will be accepted June 1 through August 2, 2019.
Visit the CSLP 2019 Teen Video Challenge for details on how to enter.
STEM and space activities
Review STEM and space-themed activities, and share your own.
Explore the phases of the moon with Oreos, construct solar sails, replicate experiments in space and more.
FLYP workshop materials
Check out bibliographies, handouts, and PowerPoints from our workshops, as well as the videos you shared of your summer activities.
- Collaborative Summer Library Program
- Previous Summer Reading Themes and Manuals
- FLYP Summer Reading Partner
Early learning resources
Check out webinars, library stories, articles, blogs and more on early learning, emergent literacy and school support.
Chat with Jana!
- Register for the Chat With Jana webinars.
- View recordings of the Chat With Jana and other FLYP webinars.
Read and subscribe to FLYP Forward
In this newsletter, Youth Services staff share information, innovative projects, program ideas, insights, book reviews and experiences.
Happy 50th anniversary FLYP!
FLYP50 celebrated the 50th year of the Florida Library Youth Program in 2018.
Over 146 million youth and families have enjoyed and learned about the library since the program’s inception.
Each year, library staff present a specific summer theme to tie books and programs together. For a list of past themes, please visit the FLYP Summer Reading Themes and Manuals webpage.
On the FLYP50 webpage:
- You can replicate or adapt activities from past themes.
- Coloring sheets and graphics are available.
- Stories from library staff, both past and present, will engage you.
- Social media entries will provide opportunities to reach a larger audience.
Florida book awards
Looking for a great read? Consider the Florida Book Awards winners in the children’s and young adult categories.
2018 teen video challenge
In the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) teen video challenge, teens made videos to:
- Encourage others to use public libraries
- Promote reading all summer long
Last year’s slogan was Libraries Rock!
You can check out Florida's 2018 winner and view other video entries from last year's contest.
Jana Fine, Youth Services Consultant, at [email protected].