Florida Library Youth Program
2019 Summer Workshops
The days are getting shorter and winter is getting closer. It is time to start thinking about next summer's library programming!
Find details on dates, locations and presenters for both youth and adult workshops.
Happy 50th Anniversary FLYP!
FLYP50 celebrates the 50th year of the Florida Library Youth Program.
Over 146 million youth and families have enjoyed and learned about the library since the program’s inception.
Each year, library staff present a specific summer theme to tie books and programs together. For a list of past themes, please visit the FLYP Summer Reading Themes and Manuals webpage.
On the FLYP50 webpage:
- You can replicate or adapt activities from past themes.
- Coloring sheets and graphics are available.
- Stories from library staff, both past and present, will engage you.
- Social media entries will provide opportunities to reach a larger audience.
2018 Teen Video Challenge
In the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) teen video challenge, teens made videos to:
- Encourage others to use public libraries
- Promote reading all summer long
This year’s slogan was Libraries Rock!
You can check out Florida's 2018 winner and view other video entries from last year's contest.
Sharing 2018 Summer Activities
We'll post each group of videos on YouTube for you to view in preparation for the 2018 Summer Library Program.
FLYP Workshop Materials
Check out bibliographies, handouts, and PowerPoints from our workshops.
Early Learning Resources
Check out webinars, library stories, articles, blogs and more on early learning, emergent literacy and school support.
Chat With Jana!
- Register for the Chat With Jana webinars.
- View recordings of the Chat With Jana and other FLYP webinars.
Read and Subscribe to FLYP Forward
In this newsletter, Youth Services staff share information, innovative projects, program ideas, insights, book reviews and experiences.
Florida Book Awards
Looking for a great read? Consider the Florida Book Awards winners in the children’s and young adult categories.
- Collaborative Summer Library Program
- Previous Summer Reading Themes and Manuals
- FLYP Summer Reading Partner
Jana Fine, Youth Services Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.