LSTA Innovation Grants
We are excited to announce one-time funding to help public libraries purchase tangible items that will support innovation.
These innovation grants will provide money for public libraries to expand services for learning and access to information and educational resources for individuals of all ages.
Who is eligible?
- We will consider one application from each library system.
- Library systems may serve one county, multiple counties or a municipality.
- Florida library systems are listed in the Public Library Data Tables.
- Applicants must meet general LSTA eligibility requirements.
How much is the award?
The maximum grant amount will be $4000 per library system.
What are the deadlines?
- We will notify all applicants in December 2018.
- The mid-year report is due January 30, 2019.
- All grant funds must be expended by September 30, 2019.
- All final reports must be completed by November 1, 2019.
How will grant funds be distributed?
We will distribute grant funds as a reimbursement after:
- The grant agreement is executed.
- You purchase the items.
- You submit documentation.
Matching funds are not required.
What can I purchase?
View lists of what you can and can't purchase with these grant funds.
What about reporting?
You must complete a mid-year and final report on the status of acquiring the equipment and relevant expenditures.
What is the evaluation criteria?
- We will rank applications according to these criteria.
- The LSTA Review Panel will consider a ranked list and make funding recommendations to the Secretary of State for final approval.
What is the source of the funding?
These funds come from the federal funds from Florida’s Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant program.