LSTA Innovation Grants
We are excited to announce one-time funding to help public libraries purchase tangible items that will support innovation.
These innovation grants will provide money for public libraries to expand services for learning and access to information and educational resources for individuals of all ages.
Who is eligible?
- We will consider one application from each library system.
- Library systems may serve one county, multiple counties or a municipality.
- Florida library systems are listed in the Public Library Data Tables.
- Applicants must meet general LSTA eligibility requirements.
How much is the award?
The maximum grant amount will be $4000 per library system.
How do I apply?
Fill it out.
Include the following certifications:
Email application and relevant paperwork to David Beach at email@example.com.
You may also fax the application to David at 850.245.6643.
What are the deadlines?
We will begin accepting applications on September 4, 2018.
Applications are due via email by 6 p.m. Eastern, October 4, 2018.
We will notify all applicants the last week of November 2018.
All grant funds must be expended by September 30, 2019.
How will grant funds be distributed?
We will distribute grant funds as a reimbursement after:
- The grant agreement is executed.
- You purchase the items.
- You submit documentation.
Matching funds are not required.
What can I purchase?
View lists of what you can and can't purchase with these grant funds.
What about reporting?
You must complete a mid-year and final report on the status of acquiring the equipment and relevant expenditures.
What is the evaluation criteria?
- We will rank applications according to these criteria.
- The LSTA Review Panel will consider a ranked list and make funding recommendations to the Secretary of State for final approval.
What is the source of the funding?
These funds come from the federal funds from Florida’s Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant program.