Next Level Library Leadership Institute
We invited eligible individuals to apply for a new leadership training opportunity - the Next Level Library Leadership Institute (NLLLI).
- Technology requirements
- Application information
- Contact us for more information.
Designed to build upon the foundation of the Sunshine State Library Leadership Institute (SSLLI), this program is an opportunity for SSLLI graduates to target specific areas of professional growth, consult with leadership experts through one-on-one coaching sessions and collaborate with fellow library leaders.
This program was open to individuals who graduated from SSLLI Year 1 (2004-05) through Year 13 (2016-17).
The Next Level Library Leadership Institute includes:
- Four four-hour, seminar-style virtual group sessions with a 20-person cohort of SSLLI graduates, led by the NLLLI Facilitator.
- Four one-hour, one-on-one virtual sessions with an executive coach to target specific leadership skills.
- Two one-hour sessions with the NLLLI facilitator to evaluate progress on your individual leadership journey.
- A notebook of leadership-related readings selected, annotated and presented by participants during the group sessions (two per participant for a total of 40).
- The opportunity to learn through rich group participation and discussion.
All sessions will take place online between the months of January and September 2021.
Group sessions will be held January 13, March 10, May 12 and August 11.
Coaching and facilitator sessions will be set up at the discretion of the participants, their coach and the NLLLI Facilitator.
Participants are required to have access to the Internet, a computer, headset and webcam.
There is no registration fee for this program.
- Application deadline was October 14, 2020.
- Applicants will be notified if they are accepted after November 11, 2020.
Linda Bruno, M.B.A.
IMLS federal funding statements
The Next Level Library Leadership Institute is funded under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act from the Institute of Museum and Library Services. Florida's LSTA program is administered by the Florida Department of State's Division of Library and Information Services.
For FY2020-21, the percentage of total costs for the program, Sunshine State Library Leadership Institute Next Level, financed with federal money is 100%; the federal dollar amount to be spent on the program is $69,484. This program does not include any state or local government funding or non-governmental funding.