The Institute is:
- Open to individuals from all types of libraries (public, academic, school and special).
- Designed for professional librarians, as well as those in management positions without a master's degree in Library Science.
Candidates should have a:
- Minimum of two years professional library experience.
- Demonstrated successful professional work experience.
- Full-time library staff position.
The Institute is an intensive and rewarding learning experience that requires significant time, energy and commitment from participants and their libraries.
- Participants must commit to attend all 10 sessions.
- Local institutions must commit to provide support for participants and their attendance.
- Participants must commit to enter into a mentoring relationship and agree to select and work with a mentor of their choice.
- Participants will need to complete readings and assignments before each session.
- Materials will maximize the impact of the training and reinforce application of the concepts.
- Participants will actively support the goals of the program through a high level of participation.
- Participants will complete a library leadership project.