Statewide Resource Sharing
Resource sharing platform: FLIN SHAREit
Update on our work to create a statewide resource sharing platform: we are happy to announce that we have signed a contract with Auto-Graphics Inc.
The new platform, FLIN SHAREit, will display participating libraries' catalogs to patrons, no matter what ILS is in use.
For the majority of the participating libraries, FLIN SHAREit will use a Z39.50 connection to check each catalog in turn to see if they own the requested item, whether it is currently available and whether it is in a lendable location and format. This will make it possible for patrons from all types of libraries to discover items they need and request them.
For libraries that lack a live connection and would like to participate, FLIN SHAREit can check a union database to see if a requested item is listed.
Search FLIN SHAREit.
You can apply for FLIN SHAREit online.
More information on FLIN SHAREit
- Read some frequently asked questions about this process.
- See a list of participating libraries.
- If you are a participating library, you can request to join the FLIN SHAREit team.
As the name indicates, participation will be tied to being a current FLIN (Florida Library Information Network) member.
FLIN (Florida Library Information Network)
FLIN is a statewide, cooperative network for interlibrary loan and resource sharing.
Statewide ground delivery service
- Provides pickup and delivery of interlibrary loan materials among over 200 libraries throughout Florida.
- All Florida libraries who are FLIN members may participate.
Bureau of Library and Network Services
State Library of Florida