File Annual Report
- New Security Alert: An email filing confirmation will be sent to the entity's current email address on file.
- Annual reports are due between January 1 and May 1 each year to avoid late fees.
- Annual reports are due by the third Friday in September to avoid administrative dissolution.
Answers to common questions about e-filing an annual report are listed below.
What is an annual report?
- The form updates or confirms the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations' records.
- It is not a financial statement.
- An annual report must be filed each year for your business entity to maintain an "active status" with the Department of State.
- It is required, whether or not you need to make changes.
- The data displayed on the entity’s annual report is the most current data on file with the Division of Corporations.
I don’t remember my document number. Where do I find it?
- Refer to your notice or search our records by name.
- Read our search guide if you need assistance searching our database.
What are my payment options to file an annual report?
Online Payment Options:
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover).
- Debit card (Visa or MasterCard logo).
- Prepaid Sunbiz E-File Account.
By Mail or Courier:
- Check or money order.
- Make checks payable to the Florida Department of State.
- Must be payable in U.S. currency drawn from a U.S. bank.
- Submit payment with the required payment voucher.
- An automatic prompt will allow you to print the voucher when you select the “Pay by Check” option.
- Need another copy of your payment voucher?
- Reprint your check payment voucher.
- Your tracking number is required.
- Your payment voucher and check or money order must be postmarked and mailed on or before May 1 to avoid a late fee.
What happens if I pay after May 1st?
- A $400 late fee will be imposed on all profit corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships and limited liability limited partnerships.
- Non-profit corporations are not subject to the $400 late fee.
What happens if I don’t file the annual report?
- If you do not file an annual report by the third Friday of September, your business entity will be administratively dissolved or revoked in our records at the close of business on the fourth Friday of September. (Chapters 607, 617 and 620, F.S.)
- Administratively dissolved or revoked entities may be reinstated, but it requires submitting a reinstatement application and paying all associated fees (the reinstatement fee + annual report fees due) at the time of submission.
- For the 2018 calendar year, the last day to pay by check is September 21st. You may pay by credit card through 5:00pm EST, September 28, 2018.
If my business has closed, do I still need to file the annual report?
No. You do not need to file the annual report if the business has closed.
- File to dissolve or withdraw a Florida or Foreign Corporation or LLC.
- File to dissolve or cancel a Florida or Foreign Limited Partnership or Limited Liability Limited Partnership.
How long does it take for my annual report to post on Sunbiz?
- Filed online with a credit card: Reports are processed and posted immediately.
- If paying by check or money order: Allow 3-5 business days during non-peak periods, longer during peak periods.
Can I make changes when I file my annual report?
Yes, the annual report allows you to:
- Add, delete, or change the names and/or addresses of the officers, directors, managers, authorized members; and make changes to addresses only for any general partners.
- Change the registered agent and registered office address.
- Change the principal office address and mailing address for the business entity.
- Add or change the federal employer identification number.
NOTE: The annual report does not permit you to change the name of your business. To change the name, download and complete the appropriate amendment form. Mail the completed form with payment to the Division of Corporations.
How do I make changes if I have already filed this year’s annual report?
- If the entity is a corporation or LLC, you may file an amended annual report.
- Profit or Non-Profit Corporation: $61.25
- Limited Liability Company: $50.00
- If the entity is a limited partnership or limited liability limited partnership, download and complete an amendment form. Mail the form and fee to the Division of Corporations.
How do you sign the online form?
- Typing your name in the signature block is sufficient pursuant to s.15.16, F. S.
- Electronic signatures have the same legal effect as original signatures.
- Typing someone’s name (signature) without permission constitutes forgery.
Can I get a copy of my filed annual report?
Yes. Once the annual report has been processed and posted, you can download an image of the report free of charge.