State Library Council
The State Library Council was created in 1970. In July 2015, the Florida Legislature refined the council's duties, which are "to advise and assist the division with planning, policy, and priorities related to the development of statewide information services." (Section 257.02, Florida Statutes)
The Council has nine members who are appointed by the Secretary of State for four-year terms.
Membership consists of:
- Three representatives for public libraries
- Two representatives for academic libraries
- One representative for Multitype Library Cooperatives
- One representative for school library media centers
- One representative of the Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida
- One representative for library professional associations
For questions or concerns, contact Jennifer Womble at 850.245.6604 or firstname.lastname@example.org.